The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

"H" is for Hipster by Stirling @Joe Hackett

Wednesday April 8, 2020
2020 Shave # 104 ( 520 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Razorock Lupo
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Black (3)
Brush: Cadre 2nd Anniversary Brush
Soap: Stirling Hipster
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Stirling Hipster
Fragrance: Penhaigon's Lothair

Had a GREAT shave with the Stirling Hipster from our 2nd Anniversary grab bag. Scent is a winner for me and glad to have the set. Thanks Rod and Mandy for being a Vendor here and supporting the Cadre !!! hipped things up with the 2nd anniversary brush which sadly is not a winner for me. The knot seems to be set way to deep prducng too nuch backbone. Still an attractive brush and glad to have it added to the Cadre Brush collection but if with more use it doesn't loosen up I will need to re-knot it to make it usable for me. Topped off with Hipster Splash and Lothair from Penhaligon's. Video uploading. Have a Stellar day Cadre !!
IMG_20200408_070200275.jpg

I love the matte finish on the brush, but the knot has not garnered any love. Do you know what the diameter of the hole is?

"I" is for INSURGENT by CBL Soaps

Thursday April 9, 2020
2020 Shave # 105 ( 521 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Gillette Red Tip
Blade: Wizamet (1)
Brush: Stirling 24mm Finest Fan
Soap: CBL Tonsorial "I"nsurgent
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Clubman Whiskey Woods
Fragrance: Spice Bomb

The Red Tip always delivers a close , smooth and comfortable shave and the CBL Tonsorial INSURGENT soap was amazing to use as are all the CBL soaps. Checked a box of boxes for the "I" shave day. Have a GREAT day Cadre !!!!
IMG_20200408_200206563.jpg

Back