The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Double Shave Day

"L" is ALSO for Wholly Kaw La Fougere Parfaite
Sunday April 12, 2020
2020 Shave # 109 ( 524 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Psycho Razor
Blade: Sputnik (?)
Brush: Cadre 1st Anniversary Brush
Soap: WK La Fougere Parfaite
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Brut Splash

IMG_20200412_170559243.jpg

Monday April 13, 2020
2020 Shave # 110 ( 525 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Rockwell 6s Plate 5
Blade: ????? (?)
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express
Soap: Lakewood Mr Powell's Mellow Honey Mash
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Clubman Whiskey Woods

Power went out last night around 9. Up at 6 and power still out. Power Company is aware and will text updates on when expected on so time for an oil lamp shave. When power and internet come back on the video will be uploaded. Have a GREAT day cadre !!!
PS- Yes, that's an actual SOTD Pic 😂
15867763178521046684738.jpg

Didn't handle it well. She would go on porch with me during bad rainstorms. This was different. Constant sound of a freight train running over the house had her pacing around crying. Just st finished 3+ hours helping a neighbor 3 doors down with more than a dozen trees down on 4 out buildings, a truck and his house. That's why I clear my trees back away from striking distance of my buildings. Video showing some of his damage will be uploaded when internet is back. Warm shower as power is still out. Nap time.....

I just got on the couch with her and she settled down as I pet her. Eventually the 3 of us ended up in bed and slept thru the last half of the storm. Just saw a truck with a new power pole followed by 4 other trucks go up the road so maybe in a few more hours we'll have power. I understand a lot of businesses in Williamsburg are still without power.

I’ll second the thunder jacket. We got some for our pups when we lived in Florida and they worked pretty well.

I'm sure the jacket is good if a dog doesn't like storms. She has never minded any before. This was no ordinary storm and I don't think any jacket would have helped.

Back