The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Appropriate thoughts Dave. Timing of this whole mess aside, it’s nothing to be taken lightly.

Wish we had more pantry and cabinet space to avoid outings a bit better, but we’re able to store enough food for about a week right now while keeping some fresh food items on the menu as long as possible.

"G" Is for GHOST TOWN BARBER
Tuesday April 7, 2020
2020 Shave # 103 ( 519 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Rockwell 6s Plate 5
Blade: ASCO (1)
Brush: Sorrentino Orange Crush
Soap: CFG Ghost Town Barber
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: CFG Ghost Town Barber Splash
Fragrance: CFG Ghost Town Barber EdP

After posting my SOTD I went in to shave and decided since I didn't know how many shaves were on the blade I would change it to some I had gotten in to try from I believe it was @Maryland998 I tried the Shark in..............I forget but got a couple smooth shaves. I may have binned it or it's still in one of the razors. Today I grabbed the ASCO SS Orange pack made by Lord Co. They run $20 shipped for 200 blades. They are a smooth blade for me but not really the sharpest. I'll see how they do going forward in the 6s. Got a nice comfortable shave with no issues with them and the GTB trio of soap, splash and EdP. Have a great day Cadre !
IMG_20200406_192045503.jpg

I have a feeling there are going to be a few GTB shaves today and a few people commenting how they can't stand it. However, I can't get enough of this scent. I'm going to have to get the cologne to match it. Nice post Dave!

Great G shave Dave! I’m torn about joining the GTB crowd or going for something I’ve not used for a spell.

Nice! There must be a secret GTB memo that gets passed out every once in a while... :ROFLMAO:

Enjoy the day Dave!

Thanks Chris, it just got awesome as I see a direct deposit in my bank account from unemployment. 1 week after applying..... Never expected that with the backlog they have of applications.
Countdown to a post in the "What are you Expecting" thread...

Back