The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

"D" is for Dragonsbeard
Saturday April 4, 2020
2020 Shave # 100 ( 516 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Vector
Blade: Feather Super (3)
Brush: Techichi The Hive
Soap: Dragonsbeard
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Dragonsbeard Skin Food Splash
Fragrance: Ferrari Black

I shaved ! Video posted. Have a great day Cadre !!!!!
IMG_20200403_203939536.jpg

Last edited:
Sunday April 5, 2020
2020 Shave # 101 ( 517 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Schick "G" Injector
Blade: Schick (4)
Brush: Razorock BC Plissoft Silvertip
Soap: Ethos Succes (Pineapple Noir)
Aftershave 2: Ethos Succes Skin Food Splash
Fragrance: Succes EdP (Pineapple Noir)

Had an AMAZINGLY easy and enjoyable shave with Ethos today for the "E" shave of the ABC Theme Shaves. Video Posted

Edit - Just found the Succes EdP (Pineapple Noir) SAMPLE Frank included so changed my Frag for the day even though other posts don't indicate it. Smells Amazing !! Just not in the unemployed budget. Have a great day Cadre !!
IMG_20200405_041518296.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent set up, Dave! Holding off on most unnecessary purchases right now, but that soap/AS is right at the top of the list when things pick up a bit.

Monday April 6, 2020
2020 Shave # 102 ( 518 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: 1960 Gillette Fatboy
Blade: Wizamet (?)
Brush: Stuart w/Maggard Synthetic
Soap: CBL Soaps Fresh Vetiver
Aftershave 2: Nivea 2 into 1
Fragrance: Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

I had a VERY enjoyable and relaxing shave today and my face is not only smooth but feels AMAZING. LOVE CBL Soaps premium base. This shave was a reminder for me. After zoom services yesterday my wife and I went and did shopping for us and her parents for the next 2 weeks so we'll be hunkered down again.

I continue to be stunned by people acting like nothing is going on and even vocalizing out load to each other when standing in line. Hearing comments from people saying they're blowing this out of proportions and it's just a political move. I am a cautious but not overly paranoid person over this situation but, ARE YOU KIDDING ME ! Dead body numbers continuing to climb and it's over blown. These are the kind of idiots that will survive while affecting others and possibly contributing to some deaths. I illustrate it like the drunk driver that kills a family while they themselves survive. No common decency or concern outside their own little self-centered world. This is why it will take as long as it will for it to pass. Stepping from my soapbox.

Have a stellar and safe day Cadre !!

IMG_20200406_063624768.jpg

I’m just going out on a limb here and assuming F is for Fine Vetiver

It weirds me out too when people who aren’t together just start chatting away in line, but I keep telling myself as long as they are 3’ away it really doesn’t make any difference. Just doesn’t feel right with what’s going on.

I continue to be stunned by people acting like nothing is going on and even vocalizing out load to each other when standing in line. Hearing comments from people saying they're blowing this out of proportions and it's just a political move. I am a cautious but not overly paranoid person over this situation but, ARE YOU KIDDING ME ! Dead body numbers continuing to climb and it's over blown. These are the kind of idiots that will survive while affecting others and possibly contributing to some deaths. I illustrate it like the drunk driver that kills a family while they themselves survive. No common decency or concern outside their own little self-centered world. This is why it will take as long as it will for it to pass. Stepping from my soapbox.
I feel you man! It's hard to argue when you have people in the Hospital and people on ventilators and people in the ground, but you still have so many that believe this is blown out of proportion. Just open your eyes man.

It's estimated that there were between 20,000 to 40,000 deaths from the Flu from October through March (typical Flu Season). I think the US is right around 10,000 deaths from the Coronavirus. We haven't reached the death total that the flu has since the outbreak here in the US. But it is looking like we will hit that mark quickly.

Stand on your soapbox as much as you would like Dave!

Back