The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

I find that whole state boarders thing a bit odd. Either you're out wandering around without need or you're not. Flippin' virus doesn't know about imaginary boarders and people traveling around within a state spread it just like those between states.

I find that whole state boarders thing a bit odd. Either you're out wandering around without need or you're not. Flippin' virus doesn't know about imaginary boarders and people traveling around within a state spread it just like those between states.
Problem is TN is not enacting things as strictly as our or other states. People have crossed to go to sit down restaurants and then come back home. No common sense. These are the things he's trying to prevent but it effects everyone when it's an executive order. Many customers are not wanting people inside also so it was less and less worth driving down for less work.

I'm sorry to hear that Dave, but like Chris said if there is anything we can do please let us know. Sending prayers your way bud!
Really sorry to hear about this, Dave. I hope your Governor make it happen for those of you that are self employed.
Thanks guys, but I've been through rough patches before and I have no concerns that everything will work out for the best as it always has. I'm the type that always tries to be prepared in advance for things and I have no doubt that we will weather this.

Dave thanks for the 20 min distraction while getting caught up on your journal.

I hope you application goes through as expected... and when we all get through this I am sure your business will be booming once again!

Thanks guys. 30 years working for myself and it's on hold. Nearly all customers begged me to contact them when this is over. 1st time applying for unemployment in 35 years. We'll see if the governor will approve everyone, including self employed individuals as he promised.............
Sorry to hear this Dave. I am sure you will weather the storm probably better than a lot of people. Doesn't mean that it won't hurt though. With the Stimulus Bill I think you will have some extra resources also. The SBA loans are great for people like you the are self employed. And while they are not saying it now...the will likely turn into grants that don't have to get paid back. This happened during our floods back in 2016. There are other resources out there or will be in the near future. So check into things. My Brother-in-Law in PA has his own body shop business. He is the only "employee" and works on his own property.

Great shave today Dave...and thanks for playing along with the April Shave Theme!

Dave, I heard that the CARE Act will allow self-employed to collect unemployment.
Yep, it's supposed too and that would be great. The loans @dangerousdon are forgivable but my understanding is they are to keep businesses that have employees afloat and are forgivable only if they retain there employees thru this. And I don't like loans ............................any loans 🤪

Dave thanks for the 20 min distraction while getting caught up on your journal.

I hope you application goes through as expected... and when we all get through this I am sure your business will be booming once again!
Thanks Chad, I'm here for ya and I don't need booming at my age, I'll settle for afloat 🤪

"B" Is for Bay Rum
Thursday April 2, 2020
2020 Shave # 98 ( 514 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Nacet Razor/Durham Duplex Handle
Blade: Wizamet (6)
Brush: Paladin 26mm Honey Noir Beehive LE
Soap: Mystic Waters Bay Rum
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Anthony's Authentic Bay Rum
Fragrance: Old Spice Cologne

STELLAR shave with the Nacet Razor and a Wizamet blade. @Mystic Water Bay Rum was the lather chosen today and this is some of the slickest soap you'll ever use. Nice Bay Rum scent that I topped off with my Anthony's Authentic Barber Shop Bay Rum and some Vintage Old Spice Cologne. Have a great day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200402_055214722.jpgIMG_20200402_061844721.jpgIMG_20200402_062118231.jpg

Back