The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Sunday March 29, 2020
2020 Shave # 94 ( 510 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Feather SS
Blade: Feather Pro Guard (1)
Brush: TSC 1st Anniversary Brush
Soap: A&E Frozen Mojitos
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: A&E Frozen Mojitos
Fragrance: CK One EdT

3 pass shave with the Feather SS after watching Fluffy and Dave's 2 videos @Maryland998 @NurseDave No drama with a couple weepers that sealed in a few minutes. Everything was nearly as close as I get normally except the neck area. Just a better shave with safety razors for me. Happy with the results for the most part. Busy day today so have a great day Cadre !!
IMG_20200329_073238152.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice "green" shave today, Dave. I've been using my Feather SS almost exclusively lately, though I break out the Rockwell 6c from time to time.

Very nice "green" shave today, Dave. I've been using my Feather SS almost exclusively lately, though I break out the Rockwell 6c from time to time.
ERIC !!! Thanks and great seeing you pop in. Hope things are falling into place. Ruff time for the transition for sure.

Monday March 30, 2020
2020 Shave # 95 ( 511 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Gem Push Button
Blade: Gem Personna (5)
Brush: Sorrentino Custom Sea Foam
Soap: CBL Morning Blend
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Skin Bracer
Fragrance: Davidoff Cool Water

Took a new to me Gem Push Button for a spin today and got a stellar shave. I felt it would be similar to the G bar as they appear to resemble each other and was correct. CBL Morning Blend has gotten love around the Cadre lately so I decided to give it a turn. Had a little burning by the 3rd pass but not enough to give up on this one yet. I know some that had slight reactions kept at it and it went away with more use. Since it was light I will power thru and build my immunity. Have a great day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200330_052638368.jpg

Back