The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Had a little burning by the 3rd pass but not enough to give up on this one yet. I know some that had slight reactions kept at it and it went away with more use. Since it was light I will power thru and build my immunity
Maybe Mr. Lindsey can make up a special tub of 1/2 caff Morning Blend for you. As you can't claim that you have "baby face" syndrome. :cool:

Tuesday March 31, 2020
2020 Shave # 96 ( 512 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: SS Lupo
Blade: Shark SS (4)
Brush: Paladin 26mm Vesuvius Chief
Soap: Stirling Triumph
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Stirling Triumph
Fragrance: Paco Rabanne

Was going to do a video today but just not feeling it...........maybe later in the week. Have some hard choices to make about work going forward. Had a great shave today with an amazing smelling and performing soap whipped up with my favorite Badger brush. Scraping was done by a new favorite de razor with an adequate although not a favorite blade. Taking today off as it's a rainy and perhaps severe storm day later. Have a great day Cadre !!
IMG_20200331_070750327.jpg

That's a good looking razor and brush you got there Dave! Sorry about work, but I hope everything works out for you.
Thanks Pat, I'm not really worried about it and will feel better once I make the decision and just carry thru with it. Just hard to decide when to lower the hammer not wanting to do it too early or too late........

Feel no shame Dave, none at all. You’re drawing on resources you’ve paid into a thousand times over; it’s about time you put it to work for you.

If there’s any way we can share the wealth Dave, let us know. You’ve come through for us often enough!

Hang in there brother!

Damn. I hate to hear that, hang in there Dave.
Thanks Tim. Encouragement turned into an Executive Order to not cross the TN border with a few exceptions that I don't think apply to me cleaning windows or buffing floors there. We have no bills but typical living expenses and will be fine if this blows over in 4 months or whatever. I don't see it goind more than 4-6 but "It is what it is" 😂 😂 😂

Last edited:
Feel no shame Dave, none at all. You’re drawing on resources you’ve paid into a thousand times over; it’s about time you put it to work for you.

If there’s any way we can share the wealth Dave, let us know. You’ve come through for us often enough!

Hang in there brother!
That's the thing Chris, being self employed I haven't paid into unemployment for a long time but the governor is using federal funds to cover even people that normally wouldn't be covered so they will stay home. We'll see if he comes thru. We're fine but thanks for the thoughts (y)

Last edited:
Back