The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Why do they do that? Gas mask seal?
Control factor and brainwashing. I was darker and thicker than most in the beard department so the thought was that I needed to shave twice a day. Over three months of shaving twice a day...it's amazing that I didn't end up with callouses on my face.

Gas mask seal would be one reason. But the main reason was the mind game aspect. Your young. I was 17 1/2. They want you to have to deal with stress. Day in and out. And still be able to function. Think through problems. Figure out how to keep focused on the mission. Seems trivial and even funny thinking about it sometimes. But there is a method to the madness. I would sight unseen choose to work with a teenager that has gone through Army or Marine training. Over 90% of the college snowflakes I have met.
Not sure about the Air Force and Navy Boot camps. :p
Fluffy

Thursday March 26, 2020
2020 Shave # 91 ( 507 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Super Pro (2)
Brush: Razorock 400
Soap: Zingari Man Sego No. 1
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Stirling Texas on Fire

Almost missed it but saw a small sample of this new soap from Zingari Man No 1. Here's what their site says about it. ($35 for 5 oz)
Designed by French perfumer Yann Derriennic of Byron Parfums, No. 1 is an original fragrance made exclusively for Zingari Man products. Destined to be signature, the fragrance seems to mimic and balance the characteristics of its wearer. The scent pairs an earthy but fresh modernity with a subtly dark sense of class to evoke an air of quiet confidence that brings masculinity to a slightly sweet and smooth, rosey brightness. This fragrance is evocative of high-class evenings, and it’s one of the most nuanced you’ll ever find in a shave soap. No. 1 shave soap is formulated in the Sego base and poured into a gorgeous, Italian, frosted-glass jar.

Fancy designer wording...............So a chameleon scent? Hmmm, I don't know about that. For me it was a sweet but still in the masculine arena but light. I could sense it but it took concentration to try and detect anything individually scent wise. That's par for the course for me so take it with a grain of salt. It was nice but at the premium price I'm satisfied to have had a sample and tried it but not a buyer.

Vector with the SUPER Pro Feather is more blade feel. No issues but more sketchy than I prefer on the ATG pass. Nice close shave with a little irritation around the mouth contours. The dolphins are laughing and beating the water though.

Decided to go 180 degrees for my aftershave selection and since @NurseDave was leery of using the fire scent in his command center out of respect for colleagues, I decided to go with Stirling Texas on Fire for him. I not only slathered in on my face twice but added it @Spider KJ style on my arms. In my business I don't work in the commend center, I "AM" the command center 😂

Time for some cadre time, Coffee and Special K Bars before work..........

Be Safe and have a great day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200326_063433561.jpg

Don't forget the water! Nice work with the Super blade. You still prefer the regulars?

The scent descriptions from the soap maker tells me absolutely nothing! I get what they were trying to do...but the only thing I really got from it is that it was designed by some French Dude. Like I am going to know who that guy is. And who is that guy? I did a quick search and there isn't a ton out there on the guy. Can we make this a where's Waldo thing? Where in the world is Yann!

Sorry..I kind of went on a weird Tangent there. But hey..Chameleon Scent sounds good to me. By the way...what does a Chameleon smell like?

Body Odor: Chameleons do not possess any odor as such but smell like rotten meat when they wipe their jaws against tree branches exuding a foul-smelling, waxy material to attract prey. Moreover, the chameleons excrete white colored poop which smells like human urine to some extent.

The scent descriptions from the soap maker tells me absolutely nothing! I get what they were trying to do...but the only thing I really got from it is that it was designed by some French Dude. Like I am going to know who that guy is. And who is that guy? I did a quick search and there isn't a ton out there on the guy. Can we make this a where's Waldo thing? Where in the world is Yann!

Sorry..I kind of went on a weird Tangent there. But hey..Chameleon Scent sounds good to me. By the way...what does a Chameleon smell like?

Body Odor: Chameleons do not possess any odor as such but smell like rotten meat when they wipe their jaws against tree branches exuding a foul-smelling, waxy material to attract prey. Moreover, the chameleons excrete white colored poop which smells like human urine to some extent.

I'm with you Don if it didn't come thru in my post. Told me NOTHING and I hate the Designer type descriptions. Chameleon in the sense of changing, not the scent of the creature.........

Glenn the High faluting elitest 😂
Dear Member of the Hoi Polloi:

That description, though not based in fact in this instance, may well be apt given that my patron Saint is Scrooge McDuck. I only had one shave so far with my Vector and it was a bit rough. I have not yet returned. So the answer is literally true and correct--I have one use on the blade. To quote Douglas MacArthur, a true member of the aristocracy, I shall return.

Best Regards,
Hifalutin Glenn

Back