The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Wednesday March 18, 2020
2020 Shave # 82 ( 499 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Geo. Wostenholm & Son Pipe Razor
Blade: N/A
Brush: Tech, The Hive Brush
Soap: WCS Grapefroot
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Proraso Green
Fragrance: Guerlain Vetiver EdT

Decided to take the "Pipe" razor out for a 3rd spin. I do enjoy the process of a straight shave when I am not rushed. Problem is with my high strung personality I tend to rush it sometimes seeking the finish I get with a safety razor and that can cost you considerably more with a straight. No drama to report. Felt a slight grab of the blade at the corner of my mouth but reaction time to halt the stroke was successful and no issues, but it is a reminder of the cost if inattentive. The Grapefroot soap by WCS was a sample from @DeepSea and is appreciated. I've used other WCS soap from @Dagwoodz (miss seeing him around) and they are a great soap in my book. The scent was a nice vetiver with some grapefruit. I get a nice clean bright and crisp vetiver from it. Topped with some Guerlain Vetiver and I'm ready for a day with no plans. Perhaps more progress organizing the shed/shop. Have a great day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200318_063802250.jpg

Thursday March 19, 2020
2020 Shave # 823 ( 500 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: ????
Brush: Paladin 26mm Harlequin Chief
Soap: Clown Puke Tub (Mash of Samples)
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Nivea 2 into 1 Splash
Fragrance: Nuit D'Issey Noir Argent

So yesterday will be known as "The Great Toilet Paper Hunt of 2020" Not really. I took the wife and In-Laws to the store for some necessities and everything needed was found including the Current Gold everyone has been hoarding. Only thing I couldn't find was some Scallops to cook as it's my wife's favorite. I'll get some eventually so no panic. Took the new to me Blackland Dart for a spin and it truly earns it's reputation for being aggressive. Plenty of blade feel. I got an extremely close shave and just a few weepers that quickly sealed up. It's a razor that will bite you bad if not paying attention so not sure how often I'll use it or if I'll resell for someone else that has been curious about it like I was and wants a good deal on one. Otherwise it was gotten cheap enough it can sit in storage till curiosity rears it's head again. Pic today in memory of @Maryland998 Grandfather and the humor he'd see it the craziness people are displaying. Have a great day Cadre !!!!!!
IMG_20200319_071140226.jpg

Only thing I couldn't find was some Scallops to cook as it's my wife's favorite.
No Scallops in Kentucky?

Kidding there...Scallops are the best! It's funny...we have a lot of seafood here in Louisiana...just not scallops. We can get them...but they're not as fresh as the other stuff!

Back