The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Convinced in a single shave? Wowza!

Just a note - the RR notifications system isn’t always a 100% guarantee of getting notification on time. It’s best to stalk their social media, particularly Twitter, to see when drops are happening.

Sunday March 15, 2020
2020 Shave # 79 ( 496 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Razorock SS Lupo
Blade: Wizamet (2)
Brush: Cadre Legacy Brush
Soap: A&E The Novelist
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: A&E The Novelist
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Opus 1870

Well I had some questions about yesterday's shave with the Lupo that got answered today.
Was it the razor? Was it the fresh Wizamet? Or was it the extra stubble giving me a better shave, like a 2 day growth shave feels better?
It was the RAZOR !!!! May be hard to believe and it may not be the case for you but this would be my desert island DE razor. I won't say it yet as I WILL be buying one, but after more shaves I can just about guarantee you this would be my desert island razor if I could only have 1 razor. YEP, I believe it would even beat out the Vector if I could have only 1 razor. I wish it came in a high polish chrome finish but I am DEFINITELY getting one of these. Thanks again to John @DeepSea for allowing me the chance to use it. I thought I'd like it from the reviews but never imagined it would be as good as it is. Smooth shaver and gets me incredibly smooth even in my trouble spots.
IMG_20200314_170956752.jpg

Continued high praise! Thoughts vs the Game Changer? Is it what the GC should have been?
I don't know if the game changer was supposed to mimic The wolfman .61 straight bar. from people that have that wolfman razor they say this one shaved identical to it. The only difference is the top cap comes over far enough to cover the blade ends. For me it beats the game changer or any other de I've tried up till this point. It's that good for me. You know the old saying though YMMV.

Monday March 16, 2020
2020 Shave # 80 ( 497 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Gem G Bar
Blade: Gem (5)
Brush: Stirling Boar
Soap: Strop Shoppe Russian Tea
Aftershave 2: Nivea 2 into 1 Splash
Fragrance: CK Amber Gold Euphoria

Decided to use the G bar Gem because...............I have no idea. Nice smooth shave and video uploaded with groggy mumblings by a sleepy Dave. Have a great day Cadre !!!!
IMG_20200315_204610134.jpg

Tuesday March 17, 2020
2020 Shave # 81 ( 498 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Hiram Commander Plate #3
Blade: Feather Pro (2)
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch Rasierseife
Aftershave 2: Dragonsbeard Skin Food Splash
Fragrance: Ferrari Scuderia Black

Day off today and tomorrow as I'm ahead enough on the scheduled work (Not worried about extra stuff waiting on me) and we're getting rain nearly daily. I have a doc appointment Wednesday and a meeting this afternoon to consider further implementation of measures at our place of worship to not only protect members physically but to continue to shepherd and care for them spiritually.

Great shave today. This soap that I got in a PIF from @Spider is an awesome creamy lather. I should 3017 it................well maybe not that, but use it more at least. The Hiram Commander with plate 3 and a Feather Pro blade got me a close shave but I had to work hard for it. I have some Feather Pro Super Blades on order and hope that can bring this razor to a more........................efficient level for me. As it is I have to go over and over in places as well as it tempts me to add pressure that I shouldn't have to. Still have it for sale on the bay and would make a deal for a member that wants one more reasonable than the website is now. If the super does the trick, I'll pull the sale from the bay. Have a great day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200317_073523250.jpg

Back