The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Wednesday March 11, 2020
2020 Shave # 75 ( 492 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Hiram Commander Plate 3
Blade: Feather Pro (2)
Brush: @Graydog Custom Quilt
Soap: A&E Revolution
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: A&E Revolution
Fragrance: Spice Bomb EdT

Some Great things about the shave today and some good. The GREAT is the brush and 1 of my favorite scented soap/splash combos. A&E Revolution with my new to me @Graydog Custom Quilt brush. I LOVE this thing and can't thank him enough. It not only is GORGEOUS but it gave 3 passes of phenomenal lather with ease. The Hiram was actually "Good" today although not great. The 3 plate was installed and although I have to keep reminding myself to tilt the head back slightly on strokes to get better blade engagement I came up with a decent shave. Close enough* with no nicks or discomfort but I can tell the whiskers will return prematurely. I need to buy some Feather Super Pro's to try and see if they help this MILD shaver. I loved Revolution scent from the moment I got it, but never knew it was their take on Spice Bomb. I get it now, Spice Bomb with leather and gun smoke. I wish it wasn't discontinued and hope they bring it back at some point so I can reload. Have a great day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200311_061118299.jpg
IMG_20200311_060937493.jpg

That brush is a beauty! Soap sounds pretty amazing too, hopefully they bring it back. I was also looking at Oleo's Wayoh because it too is their interpretation of Spice Bomb.

Awesome brush! I like the way the brown synthetic matches up with the wood. Is it pretty light weight?

Hope you’re feeling better today!

Awesome brush! I like the way the brown synthetic matches up with the wood. Is it pretty light weight?

Hope you’re feeling better today!
Thanks Chris, felt better 1st thing but it wears on ya as the day goes. You know the routine. It's light but not too light.

Thursday March 12, 2020
2020 Shave # 76 ( 493 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Vintage Krect Spiral Slant
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Brush: @Graydog Custom Quilt
Soap: SBSW Hook
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: SBSW Hook
Fragrance: BVLGARI Man in Black Essence

Saw someone posted a "Want to Buy" one of these razors elsewhere and decided it was time to pull mine out and shave some more with it and see if I wanted to get it refinished. Conclusion after a very close comfortable shave was I need to keep this slant razor due to it's great smooth shave, so I will eventually get it refinished in nickle. Hook was on duty with a 2nd use of the Graydog Custom Quilt Twinsie Brush #2. Maybe I'll name it "GCQTB2"...................... :unsure: Maybe some further thoughts before deciding on that...........Video uploading. Have a Stellar Day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200312_054032362.jpg

Back