The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Awesome post Dave! I'll have to check out Mystic Water Soaps soon!
Some have difficulty lathering it but I have 3 scents and they are amazing for slickness. Just too many soaps in the den and I end up not getting to ones I should more often. I need to do some sort of rotation rather than just grabbing what strikes me on a whim perhaps (y)

@SteveChuckFrank I was serious ya know........................for once.....

Tuesday March 10, 2020
2020 Shave # 74 ( 491 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Game Changer .84 SB
Blade: ???? (4)
Brush: Paladin 26mm Honey Noir LE Beehive
Soap: PdP # 63
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Nivea 2 into 1 Aftershave
Fragrance: PdP # 63 EdT

Allergies kicking my butt as Bradford Pears are blooming and hit me every year even with allergy meds. Ughhh, woke t 3 and couldn't sleep more even though I'm exhausted. What to do, what to do.......................Shave. Had a great shave today with an okay soap performance wise bt amazing in the scent department. Take that you allergies !!!! Effortless smooth shave with the .84 SB Game Changer. Video uploading just to show how I lather the soap and the results I get. Maybe my water is better than some but I get a decent lather from it for DE shaving. The scent again is where this soap shines. Have a GREAT Day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200309_201239283.jpg

Bummer about the allergies. I know that pain well. Do you have to take meds for it daily?
I take a Zyrtec daily and started Flonaise the other day but it feels like I took nothing. Coupled with a busted septum from a friendly football game when I was a teenager and the pressure that builds is CRAZY. Head just throbs. Fun week or 2 every year..........I'll work tomorrow and Thursday and grab a Cadre Friday to stay ahead of the months accounts.

How about one of them nose washer things? I'd never do it, but it makes clinical sense.

Back