The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Wednesday February 19, 2020
2020 Shave # 53 ( 471 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Enders Speed Shaver
Blade: ??? (?)
Brush: Razorock 400
Soap: Parson's Lemon Grass (2)
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Pitralon
Fragrance: Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisee

Switched to the Razorock 400 which has a longer handle to get into the mug better to load the soap and had some great lather from the Parson's Soap with a nice lemon scent. The slickness is really good on this, nice job John. Also as it has gotten hydrated, NO chips or pieces, just nice creamy slick lather - Yay ! I pulled the Enders Speed Shaver out because it's been awhile. I honestly can't remember how many shaves are on this blade or which blade it is for that matter but I kept feeling like I wasn't getting reduction of whiskers and so kept stopping to adjust the blade to a little more exposure. I got my face BBS but only DFS on the neck. Will need to change the blade for next shave and see if that was the issue. The Pitralon didn't sell in my BST so I pulled it back into the den. It's a light pear scent that really goes with anything it's so light and has some great skin food so, Why was selling? Who knows................REASONS I guess.

Onto the scent sample for the day from Gus @GlazedBoker Guerlain Homme L'eau Boisee so I assume this replaced the L'eau from yesterday that is no discontinued. Here's what the higher paid people say:

"Guerlain Homme L'eau Boisee Cologne by Guerlain, A new and exciting twist for a cologne, Guerlain Homme L'eau Boisee is an innovative and alluring blend. Standout notes include vetiver, grass, lime, mint, woodsy notes, geranium, rum and musk. Vetiver especially creates the backbone of the concoction by imbuing it with the magic of the Southeast Asia grass."

Here's my layman's take: A light green fresh scent so I get the Vetiver for sure but that's about it for me as it's all so well blended that I don't get any of the individual notes listed but that ain't unusual for me. Big nose and small on the sniffing ability..........

Exciting things in the mail from pass arounds coming. A bunch of Presidents in the Strike Gold Soap pass is coming and the Home Like Shaving Start Razor Prototype plates in the SB and OC 1.3 gap. Fun to follow.
Have a great day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200219_061646438.jpg

I've used Pitralon AS, but when the bottle was done I did not replace it. I agree it has good skin food, but the scent was underwhelming to me.

Thursday February 20, 2020
2020 Shave # 54 ( 472 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Gillette Raised Flat Bottom
Blade: Wizamet (1)
Brush: Paladin 26mm Vesuvius Chief
Soap: A&E NYC
Aftershave 2: A&E NYC
Fragrance: Guerlain Homme Eau De Parum

Trying to squeeze in some more of my soaps since the 3017 Debacle of 2020 ended and before the President and Librarian Soap Fiasco begins. Great shave with the RFB and whipped up a great lather with my favorite Paladin.
IMG_20200219_210147283.jpg

Onto the scent for the day thanks again to Gus @GlazedBoker Guerlain Homme Eau De Parfum

Here's how it;'s described online:
The perfume reveals itself in three horizontal beats. You can listen to it as you would to a musical stave where the notes form chords and respond to one another. To begin with, the Mojito chord resonates with persistent freshness and determination. A zest of limette, slightly bitter and pungent; a few peppermint leaves, shaved to reveal their strong herbaceous aroma; a generous measure of real Jamaican rum.

The second chrod, Fresh Floral, is sophisticated: the leaves and petals of pelargonium, a sort of geranium, rings a green mentholated note to echo the Mojito; and green tea adds its rather harsh, aromatic accents, bitter in a manly way.

The third facet, Green Woody, combines the elegant firmness of cedar with the savage vibration of a vetiver pulled fresh from the earth. You can also recognize the distinctive mark of Jean Paul Guerlain. By suggesting the addition of rhubarb, he introduces bitterness and a bite which further echoes the freshness of the top notes.

I get the Fresh Mojito scent all throughout. This is just a VERY well done fresh for the summer scent and a buy for me down the road to add some fresher scents selections to my den. Dave Likey !!! Can't believe I'm getting to the point I'll need to thin down the scents in the den to narrow things down...............
1582199654737.png

Friday February 21, 2020
2020 Shave # 55 ( 473 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Rockwell 6s Plate 5
Blade: Wizamet (4)
Brush: Sorrentino Orange Crush
Soap: Shannon's Pineapple Banana
Aftershave 2: Clubman Citrus Musk
Fragrance: TBD

Up MUCH later than usual but have the day off. Quick shave while half awake on video and uploading now to VLOG Member Video Section. Still need to research/pick a fragrance.................................NEED coffee...................
IMG_20200220_204550896.jpg

Oh good reminder on the 6S. I wanted to try a more aggressive plate.

Back