The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

The razor looks good. Nice fit and finish.
Dang you! I now have their website in my favorites. That adjustable is Purrrrty.

Nice shave Dave. They are some really good looking razors! Interested to hear your comparison of the entire set.
I reviewed the entire set in the past few months if you look it up. Videos and all. This is just a wider base plate in SB and OC they are adding.
The razor looks good. Nice fit and finish.
Dang you! I now have their website in my favorites. That adjustable is Purrrrty.
That adjustable is AMAZING but pricey. It was just as smooth as the Vintage Gibbs razor which it was modeled after but with a longer handle and all stainless steel.
That really is a brutal looking gap
But amazingly smooth
That is a good looking razor.

(y)

Monday February 24, 2020
2020 Shave # 58 ( 476 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: START Razor 1.3 OC Prototype
Blade: Pol Silver SI (1)
Brush: Techichi The Hive
Soap: Strike Gold Nixon
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Skin Bracer
Fragrance: Guerlain L'homme Ideal L'intense

Decided t go with the OC version of the START razor while I finish what Nixon soap was left in the shave bowl from yesterday. I was spured on to 3017 what was in the bowl due to @Maryland998 's toughing it out 3017ing his samples. Way to go Fluffy !!! 🤪 (y)

Had a great shave with the OC and it was smooth considering it was an OC with a wide 1.30 blade gap. Nice shaves with both SB and OC. Would I buy them, sure. Will I or do I NEED to.........nah, but you never know when RAD will raise it's ugly head and push me over the edge.......Video uploaded to my Member Video Thread.

Another from the House of Guerlain and House of Gus @GlazedBoker

Guerlain L'homme Ideal L'intense described as:

Aromatic and woody, L'homme Ideal L'intense cologne wields a strong hand to bring forth a new level of masculinity. Launched in 2018, this scent is at once able-bodied and smooth, getting off to a feisty start with such spices as chili pepper and cardamom and blends with the creaminess of tonka bean. Bulgarian rose, labdanum and leather compose the warm heart of the scent, and base notes of warm vanilla, sandalwood, patchouli and smoke give the scent a strong and durable finish.

I get the Spicy/creaminess at the start which is quickly overtaken by the soft leather. As it dry's down I sense the warm vanilla and woodiness with a definite smokiness. I like it after a few minutes and will see what it does as time goes by today.

Have a stellar day Cadre !!
IMG_20200224_055317670.jpg

Hot damn! The description of that cologne scent was well written. Careful being around any women. Your personal space may be in jeopardy.
“A new level of masculinity”
Guess it cranks it up to 11.
Also it’s nice to know that I can inspire people to become a better shaver than they thought themselves capable of being.
Your quite welcome Dave.

House of Gus. I like that. He could start a business selling curated travel size fragrances.
Hmmm.
Travel size. Those might fit my budget.
Right now “House of Fluffy’s”
Signature scent is “Litterbox”.
A bold scent that stimulates the senses.
Spurs the mind to think of far off jungles and dangerous cats.
Animal attraction is the strongest kind.

Tuesday February 25, 2020
2020 Shave # 59 ( 477 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: START Razor 1.3 SB Prototype
Blade: Pol Silver SI (2)
Brush: TSC Legacy Brush
Soap: Wholly Kaw La Fougere Parfaite
Aftershave 2: Vintage Brut AS
Fragrance: Vintage Brut Cologne

Shot a video that due to tablet issues didn't record for some reason. Shaved with the START 1.30 SB again. Another great shave with no drama. This is an amazingly well engineered razor and very well built with close tolerances. I prefer the SB plate not because the OC is harsh, it's just as smooth. I just prefer not to have that rake feel in an OC if can avoid it. I also prefer the polished look over the Satin finish. Am I going to purchase one of these right away. Probably not but perhaps down the road. I would sell something to make a spot for it in the den. It just doesn't fill an empty need at the moment. could spend more time with it but know others are waiting to get a turn with it. I've had enough time to know what I need to know so it will be mailed out to the next member in the pass around. Thanks Gus for overseeing this pass and Thanks to Home Like Shaving for offering the product for our review. A special thanks to you for following and responding to comments made by adjusting things as you get feedback. VERY responsive and it will lead to your product meeting the wants of people rather than just being close to what they want. Have a great day Cadre !!
IMG_20200225_055115751.jpg

Tuesday February 25, 2020
2020 Shave # 59 ( 477 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: START Razor 1.3 SB Prototype
Blade: Pol Silver SI (2)
Brush: TSC Legacy Brush
Soap: Wholly Kaw La Fougere Parfaite
Aftershave 2: Vintage Brut AS
Fragrance: Vintage Brut Cologne

Shot a video that due to tablet issues didn't record for some reason. Shaved with the START 1.30 SB again. Another great shave with no drama. This is an amazingly well engineered razor and very well built with close tolerances. I prefer the SB plate not because the OC is harsh, it's just as smooth. I just prefer not to have that rake feel in an OC if can avoid it. I also prefer the polished look over the Satin finish. Am I going to purchase one of these right away. Probably not but perhaps down the road. I would sell something to make a spot for it in the den. It just doesn't fill an empty need at the moment. could spend more time with it but know others are waiting to get a turn with it. I've had enough time to know what I need to know so it will be mailed out to the next member in the pass around. Thanks Gus for overseeing this pass and Thanks to Home Like Shaving for offering the product for our review. A special thanks to you for following and responding to comments made by adjusting things as you get feedback. VERY responsive and it will lead to your product meeting the wants of people rather than just being close to what they want. Have a great day Cadre !!
View attachment 17765
That Brut always looks a bit the thug wearing a big chain like that.

Back