The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Drat you Eric @Smattayu I keep getting these wiffs of awesomeness while working.........may have to see what I can do about getting this Sunshine Man eventually.......
Lol blame @Dagwoodz. He’s the one that sent me that sample initially. He posted about that frag in his journal, saying it had the best dry down in the world(slight paraphrasing here). I commented on it, and a week or two later that sample was in my mailbox. He called it right, and I was happy to purchase a bottle once I did a big enough side job to pay for it.

Lol blame @Dagwoodz. He’s the one that sent me that sample initially. He posted about that frag in his journal, saying it had the best dry down in the world(slight paraphrasing here). I commented on it, and a week or two later that sample was in my mailbox. He called it right, and I was happy to purchase a bottle once I did a big enough side job to pay for it.
Hunting a side job for myself now 😉

I admit I hit my fragrances heavy to keep it with me but my experience with the 2 Amouage's I've used is they're stronk. Still easily smell this goodness. For everyone that came thru my life today, YOU'RE WELCOME
The big question is what did your wife think?

I admit I hit my fragrances heavy to keep it with me but my experience with the 2 Amouage's I've used is they're stronk. Still easily smell this goodness. For everyone that came thru my life today, YOU'RE WELCOME
Out if the four Amouage frags I’ve tried, only one has not been close to beast mode in projection and longevity. This is one house that gives you what you pay for. About the same price per ounce as Dior Eau Sauvage EDT, which smells great but lasts about half an hour.

Out if the four Amouage frags I’ve tried, only one has not been close to beast mode in projection and longevity. This is one house that gives you what you pay for. About the same price per ounce as Dior Eau Sauvage EDT, which smells great but lasts about half an hour.
Agreed, I had one from Gus and it was beast mode too but not up my alley like this. 14 hours later and still get it plain as day. This IS a buy for me when I can swing it. Thanks Eric. Trying 1st is a huge help !👍

Tuesday February 18, 2020
2020 Shave # 52 ( 470 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Techmatic
Blade: Band Blade (2)
Brush: Stirling Boar
Soap: Parson's Lemon Grass
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Clubman Gent's Gin
Fragrance: Guerlain L'Eau

Way behind on trying some things and finally got a chance to use the Parson's Lemon Grass. Many have used it already and I forget the thoughts so here are mine so far. It's a Humble Mug Soap and I needed to put it in something to load so I used a spare vintage soap mug I had.......
IMG_20200218_072813488.jpg
Perhaps from sitting and waiting for me it was brittle and falling apart. I added a few drops of water as I tried to mush/form it in the bottom of the tub and smooth out the surface to load from. Loading was easy soap wise but I'll need to use a longer brush next time to better access the depth of the mug. I got a nice creamy lather for the first pass. Subsequent passes were thinner and I could see clumps from the soap. I'll load more product next time and hopefully it'll be more hydrated on second use tomorrow. 1 thing noticed is the slickness was there in spades including residual slickness. Nice job John @The Monkey The razor many say they get a surprisingly good shave from it. I moved the dial up to full throttle and still required way too much going over an area to get the shave I desire. Couple that with the boring bulkiness of it and I'll have it around for awhile as they aren't sought after but it will sit a lot until I forget the shave and try it again.........Not a good shaving razor to me. I went with a light scented aftershave of Gent's Gin as I want to see how wanted the fragrance today to stand out. Going with my 1st from the latest batch from Gus @GlazedBoker Guerlain L'Eau

Here's what is stated online about it:

Guerlain Homme L`Eau was presented in 2010 as an ice-fresh fragrance which opens with citrusy accords of bergamot, grapefruit and mint, adding geranium, rum and lime. The fragrance was created by perfumer Thierry Wasser, while the Pininfarina designers worked on flacon design.

Here's my simpleton take: Honestly it is a fresh scent that I just get the light scent of citrus on initial spray. From what I've read it doesn't have a great longevity but as it's drying down I get some of the background sweetness with the Citrus. Just a nice fresh bright scent.
IMG_20200218_065851852.jpg

Back