The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Nice post Dave! I like how much detail you put in your reviews. I typically add soaps, brushes, razors, and colognes to a future acquisition list based on a lot of y'alls reviews. I really appreciate it!

Many artisans covet the honor of appearing in Dave’s journal. Instant Gravitas.
Not according to the definition. I'm more the clown makeup and floppy shoes kinda guy 😉
Gravitas is seriousness and dignity. You might try to speak with gravitas, but no one will take you seriously if you're wearing clown makeup and giant floppy shoes. Gravitas is a Latin word that means "weight or heaviness." It came to mean a figurative weight after gravity acquired a primarily scientific meaning.

Not according to the definition. I'm more the clown makeup and floppy shoes kinda guy 😉
Gravitas is seriousness and dignity. You might try to speak with gravitas, but no one will take you seriously if you're wearing clown makeup and giant floppy shoes. Gravitas is a Latin word that means "weight or heaviness." It came to mean a figurative weight after gravity acquired a primarily scientific meaning.
511C3799-A5E0-4630-A3B1-571D123439B0.jpeg

So who would you say is your “Sideshow Bob”? @Dave in KY
Again, not having watched even 1 episode of the Simpsons or desiring to, I would have no idea. I'll just be your typical clown with no side kick
1582045467316.png
Home today for stuff around the house. Re-doing the plumbing drain under the shave den sink with a better quality automatic vent hoping to improve the drain speed.(Done) Not bad but thought I could improve it. Need to box up today and mail today or tomorrow a few things.

Back