The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Saturday February 22, 2020
2020 Shave # 56 ( 474 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Weck Sextoblade/Rockwell 6s Plate 5
Blade: Personna (?) / Wizamet (4)
Brush: Ebonite Shavemac 2 Band Silvertip
Soap: Strike Gold Old Hickory
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Aqua Velva
Fragrance: Tom Ford Noir Extreme

Decided to break out the languishing Weck Razor and give it a couple passes WTG and XTG and clean up ATG with the Rockwell 6s. No cuts or irritation and I'm as close as I have as a goal daily, smooooooooth. Topped off with Tom Ford Noir Extreme from @GlazedBoker Here's what was said from 2 sources as I read the 1st and was thinking I smell wood and they make no mention of it. Yep, next description had more in it......

1st-Tom Ford Noir Extreme eau de parfum spray gives men a dynamic woody scent to match their daring personalities. Fashion designer and filmmaker Tom Ford launched this fragrance for men in 2015, re-imagining his 2012 and 2013 Tom Ford Noir fragrances. Strong Far East influences make this a rich scent that takes you beyond ordinary. Top notes featuring the citrus of mandarin oil and the spice of cardamom blended with several middle notes including Himalayan snow and nutty-sweet pistachio. A complex set of base notes balances deep amber to close this unique composition. Show your bold side with this special fragrance.

2nd-Tom Ford Noir Extreme by Tom Ford Cologne. Indulge yourself with Tom Ford’s Noir Extreme, a sensual potpourri of spicy, powdery, and gourmand scents. This one’s a real charmer. An initial spray reveals tingling notes of mandarin, bittersweet saffron, citrusy neroli, nutmeg, and sweetly resinous cardamom. The main layer couples floral aromas of balsamic mastic resin, rose, sweet jasmine, and orange blossom with kulfi, an Indian dessert. The base is alive with creamy tinges of vanilla and sandalwood.

What I get: Never got any citrus but A nice dark and creamy spice, amber, wood and vanilla. I'm sure there's more in there but this is my take. I really like this and will enjoy it for the day. Have a Stupendous Day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200222_072444826.jpg

I love the scales on that Weck. I've considered rescaling mine...when I have time lol. Noir Extreme is really good juice.

Those are some cool looking razors. That OC looks a little scary though lol.
Thanks, some say it's better than the SB, we'll see.......
Great shave Dave! Remind the spouse unit that bubble wrap likely contains air from China.
;)
Good point, I'm gonna try that approach and hope it doesn't cut back my baked goodies......
I love the scales on that Weck. I've considered rescaling mine...when I have time lol. Noir Extreme is really good juice.
Thanks Kyle did them. They'll probably get more of a shine if buffed with power equipment. Hoping to get them there at some point (y)
Yes, yes it is

Sunday February 23, 2020
2020 Shave # 57 ( 475 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: START Razor 1.3 SB Prototype
Blade: Pol Silver SI (1)
Brush: Sprrentino Sea Foam
Soap: Strike Gold Nixon
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Stirling Ramblin Man
Fragrance: Stirling Ramblin Man EdT

Shaved with Nixon from Strike Gold and had a much better lather today. Was it a better load due to a touch more water or better control from the synthetic brush? Don't know but a great creamy and Slick lather gave me a great shave with the START razor from Home Like Shaving. Looking forward to trying the other scents as well. I did scoop a sample of each as I can pass it on to Bill when I see him today. Saves me shipping and moves it along quicker as timing with the soap sample library pass was altered by some jockeying for positions.

1st shave I went with the SB plate and while a large blade gap I had an amazingly smooth shave. I can't remember much about the 1.18 gap I previously used as I've slept a couple times since that pass around but it was my favorite. This felt good with more efficiency for the strokes. Video has more comments about it so will leave it to that while I get some coffee and cookies........
IMG_20200222_160539653.jpg

Back