The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

I don't think the hand soap would be as bad as the lotion that was also mentioned.
You are correct. The lotion was the worst, but I was working a double and hadn't shaved beforehand. Did you ever use those white plastic disposable DEs sold to hospitals? I don't recall why I didn't use one of those little cans of shaving cream. Maybe none were available at the time. I only did it once, as it was a terrible shave.

Saturday February 15, 2020
2020 Shave # 49 ( 467 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro (3)
Brush: Rubberset 400
Soap: Zingari Man The Soloist (Sample)
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Clubman Whiskey Woods
Fragrance: PdP #63

@mrdoug sent me a sample of The Soloist and I am VERY grateful. It was during the 1st pass that I knew I was buying it. No I don't need more soap but have had this maker on my radar for a bit and this scent and base were winners for me. The label Artwork was icing on the cake and it's still available. Went to WCS and put it into the cart. I don't care for balms so skipped the matching one and looked thru the site for another $23 of products to reach free shipping. After a bit I thought this is ridiculous, there's nothing else I want/need and so just went to check out. To my surprise it showed up as a new product and shipping is discounted to free. Win, win. Video uploaded to my VLOG member Videos thread. Thanks again Paul and have a great day Cadre !!!!
IMG_20200214_162130500.jpg

Nice score! I haven't heard of that soap maker before, though it's really been a while since I checked out any new players.

Wow, free shipping on one soap. That’s a score!
Great looking setup!
I’ve felt the urge to bring mine out a couple time now this month. I’ve had to mentally slap myself from cheating. :ROFLMAO:

Looking forward to the video!
Nice score! I haven't heard of that soap maker before, though it's really been a while since I checked out any new players.
Looks like the shirt won.
Thanks for the comments Gents

Sunday February 16, 2020
2020 Shave # 50 ( 468 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro (4)
Brush: Wolf Whisker Black Wolf
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Fragrance: Exceptional Because You Are EdT

After the 3017, this is the way to live. Just a great and enjoyable shave that I didn't rush but tried to just slow down and savor the time and process. SV isn't the best lather out there but it is luxuriant and makes for a special shave when you take the time to enjoy it. The aftershave makes your skin feel alive as @BarberDave always says and it is so true. Topped off with a sample fragrance that they keep putting in all my purchases so they are pushing it hard. "Exceptional, Because You Are" actually pared really well with Opuntia. It comes out with a blast of Citrus at the open and dries down to just a nice fresh scent to me. Here's what the hyped up marketers say:

Created in 2008 by Exceptional Parfums, Exceptional Because You Are is for the man who wants to make his presence known wherever he goes. This eau de toilette spray picks its top notes from exhilarating citruses, tantalizing pineapple and refreshing melon before sinking deeper to expose the cool and crisp notes of mint and violet leaves. The outcome of this aromatic fruity combination is a delicate and elegant scent that gives the perfect finishing touch to a noteworthy look.

That's all I got for today. Looking forward to the Papa Murphy pizza we brought home yesterday to bake for dinner tonight (Chicken Bacon Artichoke) Yummmmmmmmmmmm. Have a swell day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200215_214552735.jpg

Last edited:
PIZZA!!!
Glad you enjoyed your shave. I kinda miss variety, but I think I'm gonna voluntarily do another 3017 to use up some smaller CBL soaps.

Have a great day, Dave!

Back