The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Just seeing this much gear gives me palpitations - minimalism still lurks within me. If faced with so many choices, I would just end up befuddled over which to use. Enjoy your shaves!
I understand and respect that for you Bruce. I on the other hand relish in the grabbing whatever my mood is suited to each day and enjoy having the selection to choose from. I normally pick the night before what I want to shave with and look forward to it with anticipation. ;)

I on the other hand relish in the grabbing whatever my mood is suited to each day and enjoy having the selection to choose from.
I think my fear would be in part wondering if I chose the best gear for that day's shave. Winnowing down my gear has freed me from that concern, as I only use proven winners. Do I miss out on some new products? Certainly, but I am willing to try new products under the right circumstances, such as a trusted vendor introducing new products. One example is CBL - I gladly ponied up money to try the Tonsorial and am quite pleased with it. Right now I have enough soap to last me the year, though when the fall sales come I will no doubt re-stock some. This year all I need to replace will be AS and blades. I have some favorite splashes, and just added Chiseled Face to my stable. Lots of flavors to try there. AC blades are new to me, so I'm working my way through a sampler before making a bulk purchase.

In preparation for being able to use what I want, when I want, I reorganized my shelf to have all my current soaps (except duplicates) and all After Shaves (Except Avon) easier to access. To do that I moved all of the growing Fragrances in to the spare room where the Avon and all overflow items are stored. Next I need to come up with a method to get to all my stored razors easier with some kind of storage that puts them away but are easy to see what I have and can grab. Perhaps some cigar boxes or fishing tackle plastic containers. Still evaluating so open to ideas and seeing what you've done.......
View attachment 17008View attachment 17009
0DEEB2D0-8D49-4729-871A-FED72D0C1283.gif

Friday February 14, 2020
2020 Shave # 48 ( 466 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Game Changer .84
Blade: Wizamet (3)
Brush: Razorock BC Silvertip Plissoft
Soap: Paladin Natchez Trace
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Captains Choice Venture
Fragrance: Boucheron Jaipur Homme

Cadre Friday so I get to stay home and work on taxes...................seems unfair. Nice shave with the Paladin Soap which is a decent soap base. Scent for Natchez Trace is Bay,Pine and Cedar. guess I get Cedar. As stated, not a bad soap but I literally only keep it around for the memory of riding down the Natchez Trace on a solo 10 day ride. Every time I downsize the den I put it in and it doesn't go quickly and I pull it for sentimental reasons......it'll be a nice jar t fill if I ever empty it. Last sample from Eric is Boucheron Jaipur Homme. Here's what the web says:
Delve into the mystic realms of the oriental when you wear the Jaipur Eau DeToilette. Launched by Boucheron for men in the year 1998, this masculine scent is a perfect blend of floral and spicy fragrance. The top notes consist of Lime, Cardamom and Bergamot, while the middle notes are filled with traces of Carnation, Cinnamon, Jasmine and Rose. The end notes closes with Tonka Bean, Patchouli, Benzoin and Cedar for a fragrance that is recommended for day time wear.

What I get: A mix of floral powdery wood that actually is making me nausea. I'll probably wash it off with a shower after awhile. Have a great day Cadre !! Hey Dave @NurseDave time to wake up now !!!!
IMG_20200214_052151504.jpg

I’m here, I’m here! I don’t see a shave video though. Or a post of information from Chad for that matter.

Back