The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Shave 2 for 2sday
Tuesday February 11, 2020
2020 Shave # 45 ( 463 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Occam Hiram
Blade: Feather Pro (2)
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
Soap: CBL Tonsorial Fresh Lime 3017 (44)
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Stirling Deton-8
Fragrance: Viktor & Rolf Spice Bomb

Shower with Dragonsbeard Soap for tonight's Services and honestly needed another shave to feel acceptable. I want to love the Hiram as it's a Cool looking razor but have to dial in which head or blade will get the efficiency and longevity I want/need. I also had to get the Histories EdP off as the dry down was Lavender HEAVY and STRONK. Could NOT take it anymore !! Video uploading...........

There's no such thing as over hydration, except when you drink like 5 gallons of water in one go. But I don't think I need to tell you not to do that. :ROFLMAO:

Wednesday February 12, 2020
2020 Shave # 46 ( 464 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Rockwell 6s Plate 5
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Brush: Razorock 400 Synthetic
Soap: CBL Tonsorial Fresh Lime 3017 (45)
Aftershave 2: Enigma/Sweet Comb Chicago
Fragrance: Prada Luna Rossa Black

Nice 3 pass shave with the 6s and Astra SP on 3rd shave which doesn't feel as sharp as I like but working. Shave 45 on the 3017 of Fresh Lime and going stro................................well we're going but about gone. Getting harder to get a good load to get a good lather. I see 1 or 2 more shaves before I scrape what's left to the Clown Puke tub. I remembered I had a sample of an aftershave from @Spider of Enigma so gave it a whirl. Whoa, what !?!? Lit my face up almost instantly. I waited for it to subside in case it was just alcohol burning from a 3rd shave in roughly 26 hours but it just increased to the point I needed to rinse it off and went with some Sweet Comb Chicago from @Bill in Oneida A quick google showed it was from Gingers Garden and perhaps it was the Vanilla in it is what got me. Prada Luna Rossa Black gave me the ending to the shave I wanted and will be with me for the work day. Hey hands off that last muffin, that's for with my coffee !!!! Have a Stupid Fun Day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200212_065823732.jpg

Would have been a hoot to send a tub of this to your wife and have her put a little more back in the tub each day!

This is an excellent idea. The sign of a truly devious mind. Love it.
At the county. Slow developing pranks like this are carried out.
One of the best examples is....
Years ago, the control box to operate the plows was mounted on the dash. Just above the radio. In order to reach them. You had to lean forward a little bit. Manipulate the buttons to either raise/lower or angle the plow. And also turn-on/adjust the salt spreader.
One of my co-workers was not a frequent visitor to the gym. But he did frequent the local all you can eat joints. So he was about 10 months pregnant with twins.
In such condition. No way was his short arms and belly gonna let him anywhere near the control box. Necessity being the big momma of invention. He engineered a stick, complete with a rubber tip.
Problem solved, right? Wrong! Whenever he took off, one of the guys would go out to his truck. Get the auxiliary button activation device. Remove the rubber tip. And whittle off a bit of the wood and re-install the tip. After a while, and not being able to work the button. He figured out was going on. And was none too happy about his invention being defiled.
Still makes me chuckle thinking about it.
Maybe we should start a prank thread.
Fluffy

This is an excellent idea. The sign of a truly devious mind. Love it.
At the county. Slow developing pranks like this are carried out.
One of the best examples is....
Years ago, the control box to operate the plows was mounted on the dash. Just above the radio. In order to reach them. You had to lean forward a little bit. Manipulate the buttons to either raise/lower or angle the plow. And also turn-on/adjust the salt spreader.
One of my co-workers was not a frequent visitor to the gym. But he did frequent the local all you can eat joints. So he was about 10 months pregnant with twins.
In such condition. No way was his short arms and belly gonna let him anywhere near the control box. Necessity being the big momma of invention. He engineered a stick, complete with a rubber tip.
Problem solved, right? Wrong! Whenever he took off, one of the guys would go out to his truck. Get the auxiliary button activation device. Remove the rubber tip. And whittle off a bit of the wood and re-install the tip. After a while, and not being able to work the button. He figured out was going on. And was none too happy about his invention being defiled.
Still makes me chuckle thinking about it.
Maybe we should start a prank thread.
Fluffy
The whole site os the prank thread. Go read about the traveling pif box and I'll invite you into the running pm's that were involved 😉👍 Oops I can't. @NurseDave were you the originator of that and could you add Fluffy?

1581594257924.png
Thursday February 13, 2020
2020 Shave # 47 ( 465 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Game Changer .84
Blade: Wizamet (2)
Brush: Stirling Boar
Soap: CBL Tonsorial Fresh Lime 3017 (46)
Aftershave 2: Vintage Brut
Fragrance: Vintage Brut Cologne
IMG_20200213_054922078.jpg
Well the 3017 continued today and was difficult to get enough soap loaded. I actually had to go back for more product to finish the shave which included a back of the neck shave which was overdue. Everything was taken care of by the .84 Game Changer and topped off with Brut and Brut (aftershave & cologne) Shave 46 was last shave with the 3017. I'm calling it done and scraped the pieces left into my 2nd clown puke tub.
IMG_20200213_062144103.jpg
Have a GREAT day Cadre !!!!!
giphy (4).gif

In preparation for being able to use what I want, when I want, I reorganized my shelf to have all my current soaps (except duplicates) and all After Shaves (Except Avon) easier to access. To do that I moved all of the growing Fragrances in to the spare room where the Avon and all overflow items are stored. Next I need to come up with a method to get to all my stored razors easier with some kind of storage that puts them away but are easy to see what I have and can grab. Perhaps some cigar boxes or fishing tackle plastic containers. Still evaluating so open to ideas and seeing what you've done.......
IMG_20200212_203219948.jpgIMG_20200212_203242371.jpg

reorganized my shelf to have all my current soaps (except duplicates) and all After Shaves (Except Avon) easier to access.
Just seeing this much gear gives me palpitations - minimalism still lurks within me. If faced with so many choices, I would just end up befuddled over which to use. Enjoy your shaves!

Back