The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Good shave today Dave.

Just read all the stuff about the flooding in your area. It sounds like you will be fine...but my heart goes out to all those that will not be. I know all too well how much flooding can affect people. In a sad way...it's almost better if a house catches on fire. At least then there is less to go through and try to salvage. Plus...most people don't have flood insurance.

Good shave today Dave.

Just read all the stuff about the flooding in your area. It sounds like you will be fine...but my heart goes out to all those that will not be. I know all too well how much flooding can affect people. In a sad way...it's almost better if a house catches on fire. At least then there is less to go through and try to salvage. Plus...most people don't have flood insurance.
True, I was young but been thru it. Things receding some today but expecting another 3-4 inches rain over next 4 days. Ground saturated already so wouldn't take much at all to make things even crazier this week. My heart goes out to all effected by more than inconvenience.....

Monday February 10, 2020
2020 Shave # 43 ( 462 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Rockwell 6s Plate 5
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Brush: Stirling Boar
Soap: CBL Tonsorial Fresh Lime 3017 (42)
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Aqua Velva
Fragrance: White Musk Smokey Rose EDP

Shave 42 and final week no doubt with the 3017. I'd say by Saturday it will be small enough I can in good conscience put the bits left in my 2nd Clown Puke tub. Then I'll be free to choose any soap I want to use OR over stressed trying to decide what soap to use..............................I can handle that kind of stress again. I used the Astra SP on it's 2nd shave in the 6s and while it gets the job done, the lack of keenness is evident to me. Never were the sharpest to me while I know MANY adore it.

Topped off with the White Musk Smokey Rose from @Smattayu This is apparently discontinued. Here's what Th Body Shop says about it:
Enjoy the sweet scent of cruelty-free musk, tobacco flower and notes of black rose with our White Musk Smoky Rose collection.

I get all 3 which are blended really well is this warm scent. Enjoyable and if it was available and on the economical side, I may have put on my buy down the road list.

Heading out for a long work day and look..................oh how nice, it's raining. Hoping they don't re-close the road and I can get home at 8 tonight.............Have a Stupendous day Cadre !!!!
IMG_20200209_201900163.jpg

Tuesday February 11, 2020
2020 Shave # 44 ( 463 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Occam Hiram
Blade: Feather Pro (1)
Brush: TSC Legacy Brush
Soap: CBL Tonsorial Fresh Lime 3017 (43)
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Sweet Comb Chicago
Fragrance: Histories EdP 1725 Casanova

Another 3017 shave in the Journals and 1st shave with the Hiram. I have to agree that this is smoother than the Vector.......................and much less efficient with a very negative blade exposure I assume as it's the only explanation. It is also MUCH bulkier. That being said I had a nice smooth shave that after going over and over and over places got a DFS shave.This razor does have the cool factor look and I'll be holding on to it for awhile to get more shaves to hopefully dial it in better. I will say that it is not worth what they are asking for it (The price has jumped considerably for some reason) and I only have it due to the screaming deal I gt in a BST. ore rain today has me feeling OVER-HYDRATED. Have a stellar day Cadre !!!!
IMG_20200210_205750707.jpg

Update: I went back to make sure you didn’t mention it in your post and I get accused of skim reading

Update: I went back to make sure you didn’t mention it in your post and I get accused of skim reading
So you were and thought you missed it ;) I used the 2 dot it comes with. Person I got it from must have bought a complete 3 head set along with the extra screws as I now have 2 - 2 dot heads. Sorry I should have mentioned which head. Guess I failed too since I just used it stock as you receive it when bought new.

So you were and thought you missed it ;) I used the 2 dot it comes with. Person I got it from must have bought a complete 3 head set along with the extra screws as I now have 2 - 2 dot heads. Sorry I should have mentioned which head. Guess I failed too since I just used it stock as you receive it when bought new.
Did it feel the same as the OREN?

Hard to remember. If anything, smoother but I think they are the same heads so should be the same except a nicer handle shape and weight. They're price has increased thru the roof.......
Holy Cow! I just went over to look at the price of the Hiram. They were selling them for $89 when they first came out. I know that was a teaser price, but nearly tripling the price???? I bought my Cobra Classic for about that much last year.

Back