The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

We are all back up and running. Not looking forward to chipping away at the ice tomorrow.
Took me almost 10 minutes to chisel my windshield and the other glass. Fun slides, too. Not.

1 finger phone typing.
Just to let you know...we here in Southern Louisiana were affected by the cold weather too. I had to pull out the ice scrapper yesterday morning and gently remove the layer of frost that covered the windshield of my truck. No time to use the defrost. 🤪

I remember those days when I lived up North
We haven’t gotten anything so far this year. The last few years have been very mild too...not that I’m complaining
The razor has sharp edges that you feel from the base plate similar to the prototype economical brass razor I had this past year.
I may have missed it, but what ever happened with that razor? Did it ever hit production?

We haven’t gotten anything so far this year. The last few years have been very mild too...not that I’m complaining

I may have missed it, but what ever happened with that razor? Did it ever hit production?
No he got taken by the people after sending money to start a run of them. They were in Pakistan I think so he couldn't do much about it......

A lot of flooding around here and things are still cresting. Natural gas company was taking a boat over their property checking all there stuff that was underwater. Downtown is pumping to keep the river from breaching the levee. Road leading to us has the river coming up and across the road now. Will be dry tomorrow but 4 more days of rain at least predicted for next week. Hate this for anyone getting affected as I've been thru several floods as a kid, when we lived in PA with our house having 2 stories including the basement filled.
IMG_20200208_084911938_HDR.jpgIMG_20200208_084924979.jpgIMG_20200208_093052385.jpgIMG_20200208_093530918.jpgIMG_20200208_093534864.jpgIMG_20200208_093727758.jpgIMG_20200208_093944367.jpg

Last edited:
Sunday February 9, 2020
2020 Shave # 42 ( 461 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Occam OC
Blade: Wizamet (1)
Brush: Rubberset 400
Soap: CBL Tonsorial Fresh Lime 3017 (41)
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Speick
Fragrance: Nuit D'Issey Noir Argent

Shave 41 with the Fresh Lime and 2nd outing with the Occam safety razor. This is the mid plate, kinda a partial opened scallop plate. I put a fresh Wizamet in it which was better than the Astra SP for sure but still not a great razor for me. Actually grabbed and filleted my skin on the neck in a spot. This razor isn't really aggressive, I just see it as not well engineered. Sure hope the Hiram coming to me is more to my liking. This one is going on the selling block.........Have a great day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200208_171034291.jpg

Back