The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

I dont know if it is related to your storm but we have 3 inches of freezing rain right now and it isn't easing up. Temp is right at 33°. Just hope we don't lose power.

In that 1st pic, it's a 3 way stop and when I got home the water is within 6 inches of coming across the road now......Glad I have high ground in KY. I may get landlocked but I won't flood.....

I dont know if it is related to your storm but we have 3 inches of freezing rain right now and it isn't easing up. Temp is right at 33°. Just hope we don't lose power.

Y'all be safe out there

Way late to the party so...

1.Nice shave. I still have yet to try a slant, not sure why. You need to spill the beans on that Dragonsbeard!
2. Holy water Batman! Stay safe down there sir!

Phone and internet have been down since 3:00. Wind and rain still going strong. At least power is still on.
Here in Oakland and at work in Augusta, we kept power, and wind wasn't bad. But I was unimpressed with how many people just had to come to the pharmacy in the freezing rain to get a refill, and then comment on how bad it is out there and how sorry they were that we had to work! I so wanted to say Well, gee, if I wasn't here, you would not be able to get your Lipitor! Here's your sign.

Hope you're power is back. Holding your phone up too long can cause arm and shoulder problems, as well as making it easier for them to listen in [emoji12]

1 finger phone typing.

Here in Oakland and at work in Augusta, we kept power, and wind wasn't bad. But I was unimpressed with how many people just had to come to the pharmacy in the freezing rain to get a refill, and then comment on how bad it is out there and how sorry they were that we had to work! I so wanted to say Well, gee, if I wasn't here, you would not be able to get your Lipitor! Here's your sign.

Hope you're power is back. Holding your phone up too long can cause arm and shoulder problems, as well as making it easier for them to listen in [emoji12]

1 finger phone typing.
We are all back up and running. Not looking forward to chipping away at the ice tomorrow.

Saturday February 8, 2020
2020 Shave # 41 ( 460 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Occam OC
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express
Soap: CBL Tonsorial Fresh Lime 3017 (40)
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Proraso Green
Fragrance: Tiziana Terenzi Ecstasy

Probably had too many new variables in today's shave to know my thoughts on the new products. The razor and blade worked but weren't comfortable. I always read good things about the Astra SP and think I should revisit them, especially since they are always thrown in as an extra when I receive things. I just never found them comfortable or sharp enough for my me. The razor has sharp edges that you feel from the base plate similar to the prototype economical brass razor I had this past year. The shave wasn't horrendous but it wasn't comfortable. I will have t try a Wizamet in the razor and the Astra SP in a known razor..................SCIENCE !!! The 3017 continues.............................

The Fragrance was another from @Smattayu Here's what I found about it:

Tiziana Terenzi Ecstasy

Unisex fragrance
Launched by the design house of tiziana terenzi in the year 2012. this oriental woody fragrance has a blend of pine, spruce, stone powder, incense, patchouli, rose, violet, sandalwood, amber, cistrose, Tonka, forest land, and ancient wood notes.

What I get: A light sweet woodsy scent on my arm. I'll hit a heavier dose when I get dressed to get out the door.
Just saw that our county Whitley has called for a State of Emergency due to flooding and mudslides off the mountains. Something about school buses being covered up to the roofs by water........Have a fun day Cadre !!!!
IMG_20200207_181719543.jpg

Last edited:
I enjoy shoveling snow, always have. But the plowed stuff at the end of the driveway weighed a ton yesterday. I'll be down at Agway later. Have a good day.
You too. I was always out early digging my car out which was parked on the road in front of the house. I'd invariably get done just in time for the Plow to come by and bury me again while I hold a shovel and stand there staring at him........................come to think of it, I think I heard him yelling, "FLUFFY RULES!!!" @Maryland998

Back