The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Keep at it with the boar. You will be rewarded for your patience. Drink some water.
Sipping water now waiting for a 2 o'clock doc appointment I'm way early for. Other doc I canned finally cut a biopsy out of my shoulder I insisted on. Came back positive by the way. Yay for me pushing her to do it. She said the stitches would all dissolve internally. Why do i have heavy guage strings sticking out of my shoulder now then ? :unsure:

Sipping water now waiting for a 2 o'clock doc appointment I'm way early for. Other doc I canned finally cut a biopsy out of my shoulder I insisted on. Came back positive by the way. Yay for me pushing her to do it. She said the stitches would all dissolve internally. Why do i have heavy guage strings sticking out of my shoulder now then ? :unsure:
You sure she isn't a guitarist and tried stringing you up for her next gig?

I hate some doctors. When a patient asks me to do something that I can actually do, I'll do it, unless there's a very logical reason not to do it, at which time I'll explain why it doesn't been to be done...then do it anyway as long as it isn't super invasive. It's really that simple. Hopefully it's an easy fix for you.

Wednesday January 15, 2020
2020 Shave # 16 ( 436 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Occam O.R.E.N.
Blade: Schick Proline (2)
Brush: Stirling Badger Fan
Soap: CBL Tonsorial Fresh Lime 3017 (16)
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Dragonsbeard Skin Food Splash
Fragrance: CK Euphoria Amber Gold

Had a nice shave with the Occam O.R.E.N. razor with 2 (medium) plate. from John this morning. No issues and my typical smooth shave although I had to work for it. I enjoyed getting to try this razor but it's not for me as it's odd handle isn't always comfortable to hold especially on my side to side passes. They have a dizzying array of versions of it too which would make it hard to know what you wanted. Thanks again John and I will get this posted today and send tracking to you and the next recipient @Spider .

The 3017 is progressing with enjoyable shaves. YES, I miss variety but am enjoying the idea of finishing a tub of soap and still have changes in aftershaves, razors and brushes etc.. Tub weighs in at 88 grams and while there is no donut hole, I can see light shining thru where the donut hole is forming. Have a great day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200115_070624637.jpgIMG_20200115_063532051.jpg

His first version was solid in the middle. Hollowing it out allowed a better grip.
Interesting. I'm just imagining that rounds handles allow easy rotation to follow angles on the face. With this you would have to turn your wrist. But maybe that's what we do anyway and it won't be a change at all.

Thursday January 16, 2020
2020 Shave # 17 ( 437 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Rockwell 6s Plate 5
Blade: Wizamet (4)
Brush: @Techichi The Hive
Soap: CBL Tonsorial Fresh Lime 3017 (17)
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Nivea 2 into 1 Splash
Fragrance: Nuit D'Issey Noir Argent

Back to the 6s Plate 5 with a Wizamet for some familiar good shaves before I get the Envoy razor for testing on Saturdays shave. I continue to be impressed with this Hive Brush. The Fresh Lime continues to deliver a great quality shave, scent and cooling effect. Weight pre-shave was 87 grams after drying from the previous day so we are making forward and steady progress. The Pique 1 Chip Challenge yesterday may have helped me make some progress on the crud but still fighting thru it. Long day today but ready to kick this pig ! Have a Stellar Day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200115_202757862.jpg

Back