The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Long day while you're down? That ain't right! I think all your clients should see you're under the weather, tell you to skip today and invite you in for a cuppa.

Friday January 17, 2020
2020 Shave # 18 ( 438 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Rex Envoy
Blade: Wizamet (1)
Brush: Stirling Boar
Soap: CBL Tonsorial Fresh Lime 3017 (18)
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: CFG Ghost Town Barber
Fragrance: CFG Ghost Town Barber

1st shave with the Rex Envoy with a new Wizamet blade. This is a mild razor that if you pay attention to angle renders a GREAT shave. It's a hefty boy weighing in at 105 grams and has a grip that seems to grip you back like it has stickum on it. It's so mild it had me buffing and buffing some problem spots to see how smooth I could get them..................took work but like glass. I did pay for the over shaving these areas with just a tad of sensitivity but oh so worth it for the smoothness attained. Looking forward to tomorrows shave. Have a fun filled day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200117_060601142.jpg

Rex Envoy is unknown to me. Traditional shaving has really taken off and created some excellent new choices in gear. (y)

So it's not an aggressive razor?! :ROFLMAO: Sounds like it gets the job done, which is all that matters. Have a good one, hermano.
Thanks Buddy, I saw something delivered early today (y)
Rex Envoy is unknown to me. Traditional shaving has really taken off and created some excellent new choices in gear. (y)
Made by the makers of the Rex Ambassador Adjustable razor. This is a SS 3 piece version of that basically at a 3 setting (y)

Made by the makers of the Rex Ambassador Adjustable razor. This is a SS 3 piece version of that basically at a 3 setting (y)
I'm glad I don't have a serious case of RAD. It would be quite expensive for me (says the guy that sprung for a Vector...). In all seriousness, I love the engineering and craftsmanship that goes into producing a good razor and recognize quality workmanship needs to be rewarded. I just try to focus on the shaves, rather than acquiring a variety of gear to enjoy a good shave. To wit, I have three DEs and two SEs, all proven winners for me, and I'm selling one of the DEs. I don't anticipate another razor purchase in the future. Enjoy your shaves!

I'm glad I don't have a serious case of RAD. It would be quite expensive for me (says the guy that sprung for a Vector...). In all seriousness, I love the engineering and craftsmanship that goes into producing a good razor and recognize quality workmanship needs to be rewarded. I just try to focus on the shaves, rather than acquiring a variety of gear to enjoy a good shave. To wit, I have three DEs and two SEs, all proven winners for me, and I'm selling one of the DEs. I don't anticipate another razor purchase in the future. Enjoy your shaves!
I admire that Bruce and am trying to be better myself. These recently are all from pass arounds 👍

I have the Rex Ambassador and tend to use it @ 3.5 to 2.5 so 3 would be a nice choice for a setting. The Ambassador razor tends to be a little rough for me at the higher settings.

Back