The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

Sounds like a great shave!

I hope you learn much from that educational film about the carnivorous pygocentrus nattereri. I myself have in the background (not really watching) the ever suspenseful and competitive Cornhole Championship!

I was going to watch the Cornhole Championship, but figured the competition would be far too intense for me. It stresses me out too much.

Another great shave today. Same setup as above, but the Venture is finished, so I'm into the WSP Tobacco now. Three hours gone, and I'm still enjoying the aroma. My skin feels great. Will have to buy more of their AS products. High quality stuff.

I have only the WSP, a full bottle of Figaro, and 3/4 bottle of Pashana now. I'm going to try to not order till I'm halfway through the last bottle, will will probably be Figaro.

Bruce just curious how do you like the L'Aventure? Do you have any Creed Aventus to compare to?

Bruce just curious how do you like the L'Aventure? Do you have any Creed Aventus to compare to?

Craig, I like it a lot. A couple of short sprays last me all workday and even a little beyond. Sorry, I have nothing with which to compare. Others say it's close to the $300+ Creed, and for something this good at a tenth of the price, I'm happy.

Craig, I like it a lot. A couple of short sprays last me all workday and even a little beyond. Sorry, I have nothing with which to compare. Others say it's close to the $300+ Creed, and for something this good at a tenth of the price, I'm happy.
Thanks Bruce! I have the L'Aventure and a decant of Aventus. It's smiliar to me but no match. That being said it is a great scent. I also have the Armaf Club De Nuit Intense Man which is another nice clone. Different form the L' Aventure. I like it too!

Thanks Bruce! I have the L'Aventure and a decant of Aventus. It's smiliar to me but no match. That being said it is a great scent. I also have the Armaf Club De Nuit Intense Man which is another nice clone. Different form the L' Aventure. I like it too!
Do you get any more life out of Armaf? I have L'Aventure and can't smell it after 15min.

Do you get any more life out of Armaf? I have L'Aventure and can't smell it after 15min.

I get at least 7 hours out of the L'Aventure and about 6 to 7 hours out of the Armaf. So yeah the L'Aventure lasts longer for me.

I get at least 7 hours out of the L'Aventure and about 6 to 7 hours out of the Armaf. So yeah the L'Aventure lasts longer for me.
I've cut back somewhat on cologne use - my wife has allergies and wheezes with most colognes. Also, I'm using WSP Tobacco AS now, and it lasts for hours - I don't want to mask the scent.

Interesting. That's not been my experience at all. Chalk it up to body chemistry, I suppose.

I'm playing hooky from school right now. Too many distractions at home; can't get my head in the game tonight. School is going well: I'm 1/3 of the way toward completion, and am pleased with my grades so far.

I posted a short review today of WSP Tobacco AS splash in the AS & Frags section, not really any different from what I've said here. I even repurposed the same photo. I've already broken my promise to myself to whittle down my AS collection to one before reordering: ordered two from WSP today - Olympus, and Gaelic Tweed. My defenses were down, I'm afraid.

As mentioned earlier, I don't change my shave gear much day to day. I go months using the same razor (of the four I own: birth year Red Tip, '38 Sheraton, '46/7 Aristocrat, '61 Fat Boy), and use up blades, soaps, and AS before moving on to the next. I like consistency, or maybe I'm just boring. Nah, it's the consistency I value, I can really dial in my shaves quickly this way.

Enjoy your shaves, gentlemen!

I envy your minimalist approach.
1f60e.png

Nothing wrong with a little something for yourself.

Nice stuff Bruce...we're all in it and get enjoyment for different reasons. Consistency in shaves is definitely one of those!

I absolutely love shaving every day. I see guys at work with whiskers and I just know they don't enjoy it. I once sat in bleacher stands next to a man who had shaved legs and arms, but whiskers on his neck and face. He was a nice guy, but it just looked odd. The bleachers were in Canton, OH, on the night Jerome Bettis and some other guys went into the HOF. I was there with my three adult sons, all Steelers fans from birth. Pittsburgh's just a couple of hours from Canton; it was like being at Heinz Field. It was a great day for us. ?

BTW, I love the Gaelic Tweed and Olympus AS from WSP. Excellent AS, and they smell great. It's a win-win.

I absolutely love shaving every day. I see guys at work with whiskers and I just know they don't enjoy it. I once sat in bleacher stands next to a man who had shaved legs and arms, but whiskers on his neck and face. He was a nice guy, but it just looked odd. The bleachers were in Canton, OH, on the night Jerome Bettis and some other guys went into the HOF. I was there with my three adult sons, all Steelers fans from birth. Pittsburgh's just a couple of hours from Canton; it was like being at Heinz Field. It was a great day for us. ?

Those weird swimmer types! ?

Spent most of the day writing a paper for school. First draft done; will clean it up tomorrow. Got another paper to write tomorrow, but shouldn't take me half as long. After Monday, it'll be just one more week of class 5 of 12. One more class and I'll be halfway done!

Enjoyed Soapy Science's Doc's Special Blend today, a pepperminty soap that lathers and shave very well. Got a little irritation on chin and upper lip ATG, but that's operator error, for sure. Finished Fine Fresh Green Vetiver yesterday. Always assumed I didn't like vetiver, but I was wrong. It now becomes the very small beginning to My Own Special Blend II of soap remains, to debut in a couple of years probably.

I read here more than I write. To be honest, I enjoy checking out what's going on in Journals, but feel guilty I cannot engage more with everyone. As time passes I enjoy the pace of TSC much more than the other place. It had started to feel like a treadmill, and I was enjoying it less and less. TSC is the place for me. (Great, now the theme to Green Acres just popped into my head.)

Graybeard57 said:
TSC is the place for me. (Great, now the theme to Green Acres just popped into my head.)
Yeah this is your fault!

Agreed TSC is great community!

Spent most of the day writing a paper for school. First draft done; will clean it up tomorrow. Got another paper to write tomorrow, but shouldn't take me half as long. After Monday, it'll be just one more week of class 5 of 12. One more class and I'll be halfway done!

Enjoyed Soapy Science's Doc's Special Blend today, a pepperminty soap that lathers and shave very well. Got a little irritation on chin and upper lip ATG, but that's operator error, for sure. Finished Fine Fresh Green Vetiver yesterday. Always assumed I didn't like vetiver, but I was wrong. It now becomes the very small beginning to My Own Special Blend II of soap remains, to debut in a couple of years probably.

I read here more than I write. To be honest, I enjoy checking out what's going on in Journals, but feel guilty I cannot engage more with everyone. As time passes I enjoy the pace of TSC much more than the other place. It had started to feel like a treadmill, and I was enjoying it less and less. TSC is the place for me. (Great, now the theme to Green Acres just popped into my head.)
Bruce, you gotta do what ya gotta do. When life slows down we'll be here. You echo my words of the other neighborhood. Not there near as often as here anymore. So glad Chad let me know where everyone went when I asked over there. I'm home now

Back