The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

Graybeard57

TSC's Steven Wright
Veteran
Since this is where the action is around here, I'll start another "shaving" journal. This morning I used a fresh SuperMax Stainless blade in my '46/7 Aristocrat, loaded up my Rudy Vey 22mm Muhle STF brush with My Personal Blend of Frankensoap, enjoyed a BBS shave, and finished it off with Floid AS. Great start to a beautiful Saturday.

I'm stalling before getting started on a short paper for class. I'm working on a master's degree in nursing informatics (MSN, NI), and am in my third of 12 courses. If I manage to complete it uninterrupted, I'll finish up next June. The course work keeps me very busy. It's an every day commitment, sometimes easy, sometimes not, but it's what I signed up for. I'm actually kind of enjoying it.

In a little while, my adult sons & I will enjoy lunch at an Original Pancake House: good food with plenty of protein and cholesterol!

That's my life in a nutshell. ?

Good read!

Good luck with the Masters man! I was fortunate to complete my MDiv in 3 years, but it took a lot of sacrifice. It’s a rough process to go through later in life with family. Kudos.

Glad to see you improving your position with a Master's. In my opinion, there are very few careers that a Master's will actually improve your status. The Medical field is one that a Master's is almost mandatory. Look forward to reading your journal as you progress through your courses.

Thank you all. I'm recovering from pancakes, eggs. sausage, and hashbrowns. No one left hungry. ?

Resistance is futile when it comes to TSC and journals. It really is the best way to get to know people!

Welcome to the journals Graybeard57!
Nice shave and good 1st entry!
I find the journal a great way to remember what worked and what didn't work. That and like Chad said its a good way to get to know the members that post here.

Very cool, data is king these days. I’ve looked into learning SQL coding so I can write my own data queries. There’s so much data and not enough people that can get to it. Good luck in school.

Welcome to the journals. That was a great first post. Good luck with the Masters.

Thank you all for posting. One more week in class #3, then it'll be "only" 9 more courses. I'll keep plugging away till done, God willing.

I won't post a daily shave, because it varies just by shave counts on the blade, or when I finish a soap or AS. Every few months I switch razors. Been considering the Sheraton for a few days, and may go crazy and change in 2-3 weeks, when I finish a pack of SuperMax Stainless. Those suckers last me a week! The Frankensoap is winding down, then I'll go with a new soap. I think I have a couple Fine pucks in the drawer, or perhaps I'll go with Queen Charlotte (think I've got two left).

As is apparent, I'm a tad OCD, but in a GOOD way! ?

I am catching up on my reading finally with a full sized screen! It makes it so easy to enjoy your journal more fully. Much different than reading on a little tablet! I think you will find journaling more than just recording shaves and find it as a way to chronicle small things that would not normally make it into a full on personal journal. I like to think of mine as my electronic diary.

I am catching up on my reading finally with a full sized screen! It makes it so easy to enjoy your journal more fully. Much different than reading on a little tablet! I think you will find journaling more than just recording shaves and find it as a way to chronicle small things that would not normally make it into a full on personal journal. I like to think of mine as my electronic diary.

Good luck with the classes man! It is a great skill to learn man!

My journal will meander from topic to topic, but my life right now is school, school, and more school. It's nonstop till next June. I'm motivated, though. As long as I don't burn out, I'll be fine.

For those WITHOUT a legacy badge, please check out my re-engineered blade PIF (I Have Too Many Blades - Part Deux).

Great beginning to the Journal. And good luck with your studies. I look forward to following along.

Got my schoolwork done early, so I have a three day break from it, till the next class starts on Tuesday. Woo-hoo!

Almost at the end of My Personal Blend Frankensoap. Will probably retire it after Sunday to seed the next concoction, MPDII. It has evolved into what must be the most exotic barbershop scent on the planet. Still don't know what I'll use next. Only keep one soap at a time in the cabinet, but I checked the drawer and found pucks of Local Gent Lime Street, Fine Platinum, another Fine flavor which I've forgotten, a bar of Mike's Rose & Cedarwood, and my last puck of QCS Queen Charlotte, a pink barbershopish scent. All are proven performers for me, so no matter which I choose, I'm guaranteed to enjoy it.

If you haven't already, please check out a PIF entitled "I Have Too Many Blades - Part 2". Some lucky winner without a Legacy badge will win 60 blades along with a surprise bonus. Since I reset the PIF, the winner will be announced Monday by 6pm.

Those sound like some great soaps coming up. Congrats on getting yourself a three day break.

nice write-up Bruce! Sounds like you're not going to be hurting for another great soap when the Frankensoap decides to give up the ghost.

Back