The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

It’s nice when a new soap works out.

Very nice speed review Bruce. You've got me curious about that soap lol.

I forgot to include that the labels are laminated for your shaving pleasure. As soon as I finish the Fine Fresh Vetiver I'm currently using, I'll dig into the Soapy Science. Enjoying what I'm using now.

Hey Bruce, I just realized that you are from the Burgh. I also just realized that you are 4 days my senior. I moved to Butler a few months after getting out of the Corps in 1980, that is where I met my wife, got married and my first child was born there. We then left as I went back to school and began my career. We moved back in 1995 so that my kids had some extended family nearby. Lived in Butler from 1995 to 2002. I'm going to say two words to you: "N'Nat Man." If you were not a fan of WDVE, then those words mean nothing to you.

Hey Bruce, I just realized that you are from the Burgh. I also just realized that you are 4 days my senior. I moved to Butler a few months after getting out of the Corps in 1980, that is where I met my wife, got married and my first child was born there. We then left as I went back to school and began my career. We moved back in 1995 so that my kids had some extended family nearby. Lived in Butler from 1995 to 2002. I'm going to say two words to you: "N'Nat Man." If you were not a fan of WDVE, then those words mean nothing to you.

Butler's a nice community. A friend of mine lives in the county, commutes to the Oakland VA Hospital daily, and wouldn't ever consider moving closer to town. I'm in Ross Twp, just north of the city. You're a C-1 on the Gillette calendar, too? That's cool, Walt. We old guys have got to stick together.

Jimmy and Steve in the morning, sometimes they're funny, sometimes they're boring. ?

This will be my razor/blade combo as I use up five tucks of the Crowns. '38 Sheraton, beautifully replated by Sportshaving in Baton Rouge. Cheaper, and MUCH faster than others, and the quality is excellent. They're going to get my '46/7 Aristocrat soon.

That Sheraton is STUNNING!! They did a great job replating it!

Thank you for the compliments. Was lucky enough to find it on Etsy, I think it was, at a good price. Used it awhile before deciding to go for a replate. Had a couple bad experiences with everyone's favorite replater, so I went hunting for another reputable place, and found Sport Shaving.

$80, it was on its way back to me 24 days after they received it. Why wait months and pay more? That's 18k gold on the razor. The Aristocrat will get the same treatment in a little while.

Using generous portions, I've rid myself of this 50 gallon Drum o'Floid. Good stuff, but I'm done with it for a few years. Next up, Captain's Choice Venture. Glycerin and witch hazel in that magic potion.

Back