The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

Just hit the like button a time or two and we know you are here. You are doing important stuff Bruce, and no one can fault you for that. I enjoy your periodic pop ins and comments and enjoy your journey with Rose scented soaps as some random musings. You do what you have to do!

As far as your comment on liking the pace of this place...I have to agree. Not sure what it is exactly, but TSC has a nice cadence to it. I love that you really get to know the other members yet I feel like I am still learning much. The videos are really nice...although sometimes hard to keep up with...but enjoyable and educational. Just a little personable!

I would love to go to Canton and see the Football Hall of Fame. As often as I have been to Western PA...I am surprised I haven't gone yet.

Yeah this is your fault!

You're welcome. I loved that show.

Bruce, you gotta do what ya gotta do. When life slows down we'll be here. You echo my words of the other neighborhood. Not there near as often as here anymore. So glad Chad let me know where everyone went when I asked over there. I'm home now

I haven't been back in months. It just wasn't fun anymore. I'm home now, too.

Nice couple of updates Bruce! Check in when you can; this definitely plays second fiddle when life gets in the way!

Excellent shave this morning. '38 Sheraton, day 4 on a Crown blade, Soapy Science Doc Watson, Rudy Vey w/Muhle STF 22mm knot. Topped off with WSP Gaelic Tweed splash. I LOVE this scent! WSP tones and conditions my skin perfectly, and the scent is my clear favorite. Good thing I bought a second bottle. It came with free shipping, so it would have been fiscally irresponsible to pass up. I'm nothing if not "frugal"!

Great stuff Bruce!! Hard to argue with that set-up...Sheraton, Soapy Science, Rudy Vey, and WSP? oh yea!

Good stuff Bruce! Not heard of a Crown blade before, where are they produced?

Port Said, Egypt. A Sotraco product. I tried them in a sampler years ago and liked them. I get 4-5 shaves per blade. Used a new one today with the same setup, and had another fine shave.

Soapy Science Doc Watson
Rudy Vey 22mm STF
'38 Sheraton
Crown blade (4th and final day)
WSP Gaelic Tweed splash

Simple setup, which is how I like it. The Crown blade was flawless, but experience has taught it wouldn't be tomorrow, so I tossed it when finished. Love the performance of Soapy Science, but am bored with the peppermint scent. Looking forward to trying another of their soap scents. The brush and razor are works of art, IMO, and I enjoy them very much, and Gaelic Tweed is a classic scent with excellent toning and conditioning. All in all, a very satisfying shave. I'm off work this week, so it has been a relaxing morning. ?

I love the way the '38 Sheraton's look, you aren't lying when you say the razor and brush are works of art.

First, a correction. The soap is Soapy Science's Doc's Special Blend. Doc Watson is a musician I like.

"Rosa Pura", currently out of stock, is on my to buy list, #1 with a bullet you might say. The next soap I'll use is Mike's Rose & Cedarwood, which may have lost out to his newest version, which contains patchouli. I'm fine with that. Patchouli is a well-known, well-documented Babe Magnet, so my wife won't know what hit her. I may hold off on purchasing that till done with my studies (almost halfway done!) because I use each soap from start to finish and can't afford the distraction.

I really do like Soapy Science: 5oz for $18 (Rosa Pura is 5oz for $20), so it's a bargain. A portion of each sale goes to charity, too. The main thing is it's a really great soap: tallow, lathers easily, great cushion and glide, excellent post shave feel. It's got everything I look for in a soap.

I've had the past week off, so I busted my butt and finished this week's schoolwork by noon today. I honestly don't know what to do with myself now. Not a bad dilemma, but it feels weird. I'm watching me some football tomorrow. ?

Back