The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

My choice for you is "another Fine flavor which I've forgotten"...oh wait...that wasn't the scent!
1f603.png
I am always partial to Fine scents. Glad you got a slight break from the books! Have a very relaxing weekend!

So with all this extra time this weekend, I decided to do some stuff I've been putting off. I went out to get a half-inch 4' x 8' plywood sheet to use as a bedboard for the spare bedroom's twinbed. I had it cut to size, managed to fit it in the 4 door Wrangler Sport, a manly vehicle if ever there was one. I was feeling good as I drove down the road with the tailgate window open for all the world to see the plywood sheet for my manly Saturday project.

There was just one hitch in my persona: it's my wife's Jeep, and these are on the passenger side dashboard:

Oh man! That is classic! My wife has a 4Runner and it is a pretty Boss Model. It is the Trail addition and has all the off road looks to go with the 4 wheel drive. She often jokes that it is more manly than my truck. She even names it Betty.

A Wrangler was my first car. Stick, 4 wheel drive, a real beater! It was a lot of fun, especially with the bikini top in Spring/Summer!

The Jeep is a beast. It conquers the road. My wife is a nurse too, and works nights, when the roads don't get plowed. Her Jeep gets her there.

Oh, it got toned down alright. I wore a ballcap and sunglasses to disguise myself on the drive home!

Looks like you have a decision to make on the next soap. Some of them I haven't heard of before. That's one of the things I like about reading the journals!

Too bad it was dark out. They are much more attention getting if they are flapping away.

Too bad it was dark out. They are much more attention getting if they are flapping away.

Oh, they were flapping on the ride home. Solar powered, of course. That photo was taken in the garage.

I finally got tired of chasing the MPB Frankensoap donut ring around the container. Tomorrow I'll start a fresh puck of Fine whose flavor I can't recall. It's my first use of this scent. Smells great, and Fine lather works very well for me.

More great reads Bruce, and as we always say, Thank you and we understand that even the Seals, Rangers, Delta, Recon need to call 911, ROFL
"STOML"

I'm loving the Fresh Vetiver, though I cannot place the aroma to my satisfaction. The closest I can come up with is a marshy forest after a hard rain, but it's more than that. Regardless, it's another excellent Fine product that easily builds great lather that holds up well, and gives me cushion and glide. At $12.50 a puck, what's not to like?

A belated "welcome to the journals section"! Good stuff thus far. BTW, we have an Original Pancake House near my house as well. My daughter and I check it out on occasion. OK, more than just "on occasion".
1f60e.png

Another sporadic entry, this time it's a new soap: SoapyScience Doc's Special Blend:

Excellent soap, makes a thick, creamy, cushiony lather that smells great. It has a peppermint aroma that lasts at least a half hour post shave, as does the moisturized post shave feel. I'll put this away and finish the Fine puck, then eagerly return to it. Good stuff.

Sounds perfect for a summer time shave! All this love for Soapy Science...yup there is another soap I need to get. Pretty soon I will have as many soaps as Chad!

Back