The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2022-2023 Football Season

I'm a relatively new fan ...so this is my catching-up-to-the-suck years.

Ok, new week - can Penn State be #1 this week?

We played a 1-3 Northwestern team - so playing a Big 10 team that is 1-3 is like playing any team from the SEC West that is 44-0, basically the same. 😂

I'm not sure how this happened but......

THE RAIDERS WON!!!!!!

And on top of that:

University of Memphis won again!!!

They're 4-1 overall and undefeated in the conference and at home!!

(this is where the wheels come off the cart and neither team will win a game the rest of the year....I'm new to this football thing)

Ok, new week - can Penn State be #1 this week?

We played a 1-3 Northwestern team - so playing a Big 10 team that is 1-3 is like playing any team from the SEC West that is 44-0, basically the same. 😂

Now say that again with a straight face...because I just spit my coffee out. And not in a way that you intended it. 🤪

Yes we came out roaring.
Should be a great season.
LSU did what they had to do.
Alabama game will be a telling point for the tiger's.
GO BUCKS
Unfortunately, I don't think the LSU/Bama game will be much of a test except for the Tigers.

Although, while LSU seems to be really undisciplined in the first half, for some reason they get it together in the second. Now if they can put it all together...you know...before the 11:00 AM Tennessee game...I would be very appreciative.

So what is your game today?

Mine is obviously Tennessee @ LSU at 11:00 AM this morning.

TCU @ Kansas
Utah @ UCLA

These are the only other games between two ranked opponents. But I think there are some other good games out there...

Arkansas @ Miss St
Texas @ Oklahoma - Red River Rivalry is always a good time
Auburn @ Georgia - The way Georgia has been playing this one might be closer than expected...then again...maybe not
Ohio State @ Michigan State
North Carolina @ Miami
Washington State @ USC
BYU @ Notre Dame - Clash of two independents
Texas A&M @ Alabama - Can the aggies get it together and is Bama healthy?
Florida State @ NC State

Should be some good ones here and maybe some upsets.

So what is your game today?

Mine is obviously Tennessee @ LSU at 11:00 AM this morning.

TCU @ Kansas
Utah @ UCLA

These are the only other games between two ranked opponents. But I think there are some other good games out there...

Arkansas @ Miss St
Texas @ Oklahoma - Red River Rivalry is always a good time
Auburn @ Georgia - The way Georgia has been playing this one might be closer than expected...then again...maybe not
Ohio State @ Michigan State
North Carolina @ Miami
Washington State @ USC
BYU @ Notre Dame - Clash of two independents
Texas A&M @ Alabama - Can the aggies get it together and is Bama healthy?
Florida State @ NC State

Should be some good ones here and maybe some upsets.
No one wants to play Penn State this week. We’ll just take our ball and go home.

1665231588515.png

Are these like squooshed mosquitoes on the helmet?

View attachment 95245
Ha ha too funny.
My wife thinks they were pot leaves.
But truth be told gentlemen that is the helmet of one fine football player from THE greatest team.
As a fan I will give TTUN (in buckeye land we don't use that M word we just refer to as that team up north) credit there helmets are unique.
But oh my if there ever was a dude of a helmet it is Penn State.

Unfortunately, I don't think the LSU/Bama game will be much of a test except for the Tigers.

Although, while LSU seems to be really undisciplined in the first half, for some reason they get it together in the second. Now if they can put it all together...you know...before the 11:00 AM Tennessee game...I would be very appreciative.
Wow that was a butt whooping yesterday for LSU.
More games like that and the natives will start if not already getting restless.

Back