The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2022-2023 Football Season

I'll be attending the USC @ Utah game as a fan
USC - soon to be Big 10 West! Just think my friend - Notre Dame had the chance to join the greatest collegiate sports conference of all time, instead of dipping their toe in the ACC.

Last edited:
USC - soon to be Big 10 West! Just think my friend - Notre Dame had the chance to join the greatest collegiate sports conference of all time, instead of dipping their toe in the ACC.
Explain to me why the supposed greatest conference is called the Big 10 when it has more than 10?

No…just no.
My dream, and I think this is a place where I can share, is that Tennessee beats Alabama, and then in every subsequent week, all SEC teams lose because we‘ve entered a new universe dimension where SEC teams don’t win ever - even when two SEC teams play each other. Go BIG 10!

Explain to me why the supposed greatest conference is called the Big 10 when it has more than 10?
They are so great that teams not in the original 10 are begging to get in and we have such high standards - we only let in the most prestigious schools (ok, we let in Nebraska - which isn’t even remotely prestige - but it’s kind of like having to let in your friend’s kid brother play, who also eats lead paint chips).

By the way, Penn State was #11 in the Big 10…

1665851054331.gif

Every year, there comes a day where my over the top exuberance for my team/league comes to bite me. Based on Penn State’s play in the first quarter, that day is today.

They are so great that teams not in the original 10 are begging to get in and we have such high standards - we only let in the most prestigious schools (ok, we let in Nebraska - which isn’t even remotely prestige - but it’s kind of like having to let in your friend’s kid brother play, who also eats lead paint chips).

By the way, Penn State was #11 in the Big 10…

View attachment 95682
Might I remind you that it wasn’t all that long ago that Penn State was one of those teams begging to join.

Back