The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2022-2023 Football Season

CVargo

“Ya… Chris, Dave, It really is my fault"
Owner
Legacy
So in typical fashion here's the annual ask a referee thread.

As most of you know I've been a certified NFHS football official for 8 years now and am now certified in the NCAA I also serve on the Utah High Scool referee union board. I love football and I love the antics of the game. The rules are some of the most confusing out there, and like most referees will tell you we are all fans of the game and even die hard. But once we put on the stripes and read the rule book we realized 99.5% of the time the referees got the call right, and the fans and broadcasters have no idea what they are talking about.

So this thread like years past will be where I post situations from this year's games I work, as well as TV games, clips, and dumb things coaches and players say. Also in this thread feel free to post questions from games you are watching and I'll let you know if the officials got it right and why.

My first game of the season is Friday. Let's go!

Also...the title of this thread is very misleading. I though we were going to talk football...not listen to Chad pontificate about how he perceives the rules of football.

For those interested

East at Skyridge

Kick off is at 7PM Mountain

Chad's throwing off the whole dynamic of the pic. He's so freakishly tall that the white hat can't even be in the center of the group. If I was the white hat, I'd be pissed!

It's game day. Kickoff at 7PM MT. And its only supposed to be 90 degrees at kickoff.

Riverton @ Cyprus
Sounds like a good night for football!

Anyone watching the Nebraska v. Northwestern game today? Or any other game? I haven't had much of a chance to watch any football in the last two years so everything seems new to me. I'm still on "house arrest" so I will soak up whatever games I can today.

Back