The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2022-2023 Football Season

My God, what a horrible game Alabama played today. My heart can't take another game like that! 😵‍💫 🚑

If Quinn Ewers stays in the game, Alabama would have lost. No doubt in my mind...

Yes many upsets Saturday. With all the transfers now this will be expected.
But in the end Bama pulled it out. They will run the table until a great battle with Georgia.
ND had no business losing at home.
Looks like a great season ahead.
GO BUCKS

My Irish are over rated
I have thought the Irish have been overrated for some time. Not saying they weren't a solid program, but they seem to fall short of expectations constantly.

BUT...in reference to this season...maybe it is the fact that ND kept their Defensive Coordinator to run the whole program. Someone who has never been a Head Coach EVER in his career. I think Freeman was a pretty good coordinator and he may turn out to be a good head coach. But no elite program should ever go from a Head Coach that will be in the College Football Hall of Fame to an unproven commodity. Notre Dame has the money and the resources to go get the best proven head coach that isn't Nick Saban on the market. But instead they opted to stick with a coordinator to save a few recruits and some coaches.

LSU was a bit of an exception when they retained Ed Orgeron after they unceremoniously gave Les Miles the boot. But, Orgeron had been a Head Coach at Ole Miss and had been an interim head coach at USC and Tennessee. He did well in his interim gigs, not so much at Ole Miss. Also, LSU had their woes in 2017 and 2018 (lost to Troy comes to mind). And yeah, LSU had a perfect year in 2019, won a national championship, but it was more from the fact that we had a Heisman Trophy winning quarterback who is tearing it up in the NFL, some serious NFL talent in WR and other spots, a great O Line, an incredible defense, and caught lightening in a bottle by hiring some no name NFL Assistant by the name of Joe Brady to run the offense. Then 2020 and 2021 happened. It's hard to blame a bad season in 2020 on any coach...but 2021 was followed just as spectacularly. It all came out...Orgeron was the same coach that coached Ole Miss...2019 was the exception and not the rule.

Back to the Irish...it rarely works out when a big time program retains a coordinator to run the program. Not saying it hasn't happened or it can't. But why? When you have the resources to go get almost anyone you want. There is no shame in losing to Ohio State...but you should never lose to Marshall.

My God, what a horrible game Alabama played today. My heart can't take another game like that! 😵‍💫 🚑

If Quinn Ewers stays in the game, Alabama would have lost. No doubt in my mind...
Lots of Mistakes! But Alabama did what Bama does...move the ball down the field in the last minute and a half to score. For LSU's sake...I hope they don't clean it up. But we both know that won't happen. I expect Alabama to beat every team that isn't Georgia by a minimum of 20 points from here on out.

Yes many upsets Saturday. With all the transfers now this will be expected.
But in the end Bama pulled it out. They will run the table until a great battle with Georgia.
ND had no business losing at home.
Looks like a great season ahead.
GO BUCKS
It will definitely be an interesting season!

My LSU Tigers had a rent a win...but it was nice to see them work out their offense, get a lot of players in to play...and maybe bring the team together. LSU plays Mississippi State and the Flying Mike Leach-es. Defense will be tested, and LSU will need to score a lot of points to win likely. From what I saw last night...I am hopeful. But this team is definitely in a rebuilding phase...so who knows.

Some really good games this weekend! What is your game?

Florida @ Louisville
BYU @ Oregon
Penn State @ Auburn
Michigan State @ Washington

Mine is obviously the Mississippi State @ LSU!

What's the game you are watching?

The Memphis Tigers are playing Arkansas State. That might not go well for the Tigers.

The Las Vegas Raiders are playing the Arizona Cardinals. Two relocated teams in blazing hot cities. Maybe @BarberDave and I need to have a gentleman's bet.

The Memphis Tigers are playing Arkansas State. That might not go well for the Tigers.

The Las Vegas Raiders are playing the Arizona Cardinals. Two relocated teams in blazing hot cities. Maybe @BarberDave and I need to have a gentleman's bet.
Sorry the Cardinals?? Who are they? Steeler fan here LOL

Back