The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2022-2023 Football Season

So...I will probably watch some of the Western Michigan and Michigan St. game tonight as well as the TCU and Colorado game. What you guys watching tonight and what is your primo game to watch this weekend!

For the weekend it is the LSU and Florida State game for me obviously...but I am also interested in the Oregon and Georgia game. Also: Cincinnati v. Arkansas; Utah v. Florida; and Notre Dame v. Ohio State.

Defensive battle tonight. Was 7 to 3 until 1 min left in the game when the score changed to 14 to 3. Had a great time.

IMG_20220902_215405.jpg

U-T-A-H!!!!
Hoping you guys take care of business away from home. I don’t think Florida has the manpower this year but the Game is in the swamp which is a pretty hard place for any team. It’s really humid there. I think your guys can handle the heat. But that humidity is a killer.

Well...Utah had that game. At the very least they could have tied it up. I will admit that Florida was a bit more formidable than I expected. It was a pretty good game in all...Just wish Utah could have pulled it out. I am a big Kyle Whittingham fan. Still think Utah will have a great year this year.

Ohio State and Notre Dame was closer than I expected also. I really thought that Ohio State was going to win that game bigger than they did. It didn't seem like the offenses struggled, so maybe both defenses were just that good.

Georgia DESTROYED Oregon. I thought Georgia would win...but that was ridiculous.

Now for LSU and Florida State tonight. I honestly have no idea what to expect with Brian Kelly at the helm in his first year. I can expect a more disciplined game though.

Well...Utah had that game. At the very least they could have tied it up. I will admit that Florida was a bit more formidable than I expected. It was a pretty good game in all...Just wish Utah could have pulled it out. I am a big Kyle Whittingham fan. Still think Utah will have a great year this year.

Ohio State and Notre Dame was closer than I expected also. I really thought that Ohio State was going to win that game bigger than they did. It didn't seem like the offenses struggled, so maybe both defenses were just that good.

Georgia DESTROYED Oregon. I thought Georgia would win...but that was ridiculous.

Now for LSU and Florida State tonight. I honestly have no idea what to expect with Brian Kelly at the helm in his first year. I can expect a more disciplined game though.
Hard loss for the Utes. But I think the humidity played a role and kudos to Florida for keeping the Utes defense in the field so long. Oh well. On to the next one.

I love sports. But I am no longer fanatical. Being a Referee and see these players up close I just made a decision that I will no longer allow kids or millionaires (pros) to determine my happiness

Great week 1 in the SEC..

Yes, yes, we get it…Bama is awesome! 😝in all seriousness though. SEC has had a real good showing so far. That Georgia game was about as complete of a performance as I have seen against a quality opponent. I’m hoping LSU just comes out with a win!

Back