The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2022-2023 Football Season

One of my favorite parts of Saturdays is College Gameday. Today all the hosts were doing this via video link - does anyone know why they didn’t have them at one of the games today?

One of my favorite parts of Saturdays is College Gameday. Today all the hosts were doing this via video link - does anyone know why they didn’t have them at one of the games today?
Probably because it is week zero and there were no serious matchups. I only caught a little bit of it. But yeah definitely not the pizazz of a real game day.

Well, yesterday I watched a little bit of this and a little bit of that. Watched most of the Nebraska/Northwestern game and it turned out better than I expected. But after two years of no football, it seemed like things were a little "normal." My wife even said that it seemed a bit surreal. With Danger Baby in our lives now, I won't be able to watch "every game" like I used to. But I think I can look forward to dressing Amelie up in LSU gear and sitting on the sofa and watching a game with her. Okay...it probably won't happen exactly like that, but she will get dressed up in LSU gear!

Well, yesterday I watched a little bit of this and a little bit of that. Watched most of the Nebraska/Northwestern game and it turned out better than I expected. But after two years of no football, it seemed like things were a little "normal." My wife even said that it seemed a bit surreal. With Danger Baby in our lives now, I won't be able to watch "every game" like I used to. But I think I can look forward to dressing Amelie up in LSU gear and sitting on the sofa and watching a game with her. Okay...it probably won't happen exactly like that, but she will get dressed up in LSU gear!
I’d be more than happy to send some PSU clothes down your way….Navy Blue and White go with more things than Purple and Yellow. Because I care 😂

I’d be more than happy to send some PSU clothes down your way….Navy Blue and White go with more things than Purple and Yellow. Because I care 😂
Oh don't worry...the Penn State gear is in full force as well. I think I mentioned it before, but the Father-In-law wrestled at Penn State and the wife's uncle played basketball there. I won't say that I am a full blooded Penn State fan...but I will cheer them on before any other Big Ten team.

Oh don't worry...the Penn State gear is in full force as well. I think I mentioned it before, but the Father-In-law wrestled at Penn State and the wife's uncle played basketball there. I won't say that I am a full blooded Penn State fan...but I will cheer them on before any other Big Ten team.
I remember that there was a reason I like you and your family!

Well, FSU looked much more comfortable saturday than they had in the past few years. I know, low bar. I am anxious to see what they can do this week against LSU. I'm not going to claim that they are going to dominate a quality SEC school, but this past week has given me hope that it will at least be a game with watching.

Well, FSU looked much more comfortable saturday than they had in the past few years. I know, low bar. I am anxious to see what they can do this week against LSU. I'm not going to claim that they are going to dominate a quality SEC school, but this past week has given me hope that it will at least be a game with watching.
Well...if Florida state had to go up against an SEC opponent...LSU isn't a bad one. After all...LSU only won six games last year. So there is that. That being said...I am hoping we have improved since last year.

Back