The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2022-2023 Football Season

So @CVargo
I am a big time Utah fan this Friday.
What do you think your chances are?
If the they pull it off OMG we will get a chance to redeem ourselves.
Let's go UTES.
GO BUCKS

So @CVargo
I am a big time Utah fan this Friday.
What do you think your chances are?
If the they pull it off OMG we will get a chance to redeem ourselves.
Let's go UTES.
GO BUCKS
Utes beat them once this year and we match up the best against them. But injuries have impacted the Utes as of late. Not quite a 50-50 chance.

While we are at it...let's get those shoulder pads they way they used to be too!

View attachment 99356
OK, I can go for shoulder pads like those (quick reminder since you’re using that image - Penn State‘s first national championship was in 1982 against a notable Heisman Trophy winner in the Sugar Bowl…..I agree to bring those times back as well 😂) Sorry. Got distracted….

But we cannot nor should we ever encourage our better halves to bring back these shoulder pads…..it’s bad enough that our young whipper snapper kids are trying to bring back the 70’s)

1669988051627.jpeg

Last edited:
OK, now that we are 1 week and a wake up away from IMO one of the best sports traditions - it is time to show our unis…….if you recall @Graybeard57 and @MarkB branch (the one that has boats) - a more gentile, gentlemanly bunch had uniforms with a tribute to our moon landings……clean lines, fantastic imagery - how nice! Perfect for those pretty boys. I am sure they all use the right fork and tap the corners of their mouths with an embroidered, monogrammed napkin during tea and crumpets……

Now……for the rough and tumblers……I give you men who have hair on their chests, catch their food with their bare hands, and wipe the bacon grease on their pants….and their uniforms already come with mud!

A Tribute to the 1st Armored Division! HoooAH!

1669993208679.jpeg1669993248335.jpeg

1669993277183.jpeg 1669993308319.jpeg

May the best team from the most awesomest branch that represents the best ARMY in the world win! Go ARMY beat Navy!

Attachments

• 1669993296684.jpeg
    1669993296684.jpeg
    71.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
OK, now that we are 1 week and a wake up away from IMO one of the best sports traditions - it is time to show our unis…….if you recall @Graybeard57 and @MarkB branch (the one that has boats) - a more gentile, gentlemanly bunch had uniforms with a tribute to our moon landings……clean lines, fantastic imagery - how nice! Perfect for those pretty boys. I am sure they all use the right fork and tap the corners of their mouths during tea and crumpets……

Now……for the rough and tumblers……I give you men who have hair on their chests, catch their food with their bare hands, and wipe the bacon grease on their pants….and their uniforms already come with mud!

View attachment 99368View attachment 99370

View attachment 99371 View attachment 99373

May the best team from the most awesomest branch that represents the best ARMY in the world win! Go ARMY beat Navy!
What happened? Did they have a clogged sprayer or something on those jerseys? :unsure:

Also, I've seen better paint patterns on drop cloths I've used while repainting my bedroom than what's on those helmets and gloves. :rolleyes:

So the Utes in basketball beat the #4 ranked team yesteday. And today in football they play the #4 ranked team to play spoils to usc... which is always preferred. Surprisingly calm today. Let's go UTAH!

OK, now that we are 1 week and a wake up away from IMO one of the best sports traditions - it is time to show our unis…….if you recall @Graybeard57 and @MarkB branch (the one that has boats) - a more gentile, gentlemanly bunch had uniforms with a tribute to our moon landings……clean lines, fantastic imagery - how nice! Perfect for those pretty boys. I am sure they all use the right fork and tap the corners of their mouths with an embroidered, monogrammed napkin during tea and crumpets……

View attachment 99368View attachment 99370

View attachment 99371 View attachment 99373

Ain't going to lie...those are some sweet uniforms!

Though...I have to admit that I had a serious lack in judgement posting anything with Georgia on it.
I agree - how can they be #1 and be in the SEC - if they are that good - they should be in the Big 10 (is that what you were thinking)?

Plus you gave me a chance to bring up a PSU national championship - against Georgia no less!

Back