The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2022-2023 Football Season

Wow Brian! Nice rant. You could not handle the heat here with that sensitive girly skin and dome. In the immortal words…
“Dude have a Snickers. You get this way when you are hangry”

We I’ll update it to fit your ranting state:

“Dude, go buy a razor or shaving stuff. You know how your get when your shavgry”

As to the Navy and “El Jarheados”. I was embedded with a Seal Team at one point, as well as a Marine recon unit so no razzing there, however all the Army guy did was bleed all over my helicopter and get my uniform dirty 😂😂❤️❤️
As to football…. Well my Steelers screwed the pooch, my Wildcats have one chance against ASU, but that is going to be a trainwreck. Will always love Penn St, due to my father, and LSU has a special place as my nephew graduated from there

That is all

Just one game a year my brother. If you are unhappy with which side your team is part of - we have a big bandwagon on our side…..We can jibe the Navy together - c’mon - it’ll be fun

View attachment 98759
Naw...I appreciate the fact that you have guys that might not have played football or other sports else where and that the service academies can't recruit in the same way that other universities do. But no offense to you Brian...but the officers I dealt with in my military career that came from the service academies were some of the worst officers I served under. I am not saying all of them. But I must have won the jackpot on getting the screwed up ones. I had one exception, One of my Marine Corps platoon commanders was an Air Force Academy Graduate. He was bad ass. Learned from his NCOs and had a lead by example approach. Went to Ranger school and broke his back towards the end of it. Went back and started from the beginning and ended up kicking ass. We was one of the good ones. But the others...seriously...they would have been frag'd by their own platoon if they every made it to combat. Luckily my combat experience didn't involve them.

Okay...way off topic...sorry. But I kind of view the Service Academies similar to the Ivy League. A lot of kids getting in based on connections. It doesn't really inspire me to cheer on a particular team.

Naw...I appreciate the fact that you have guys that might not have played football or other sports else where and that the service academies can't recruit in the same way that other universities do. But no offense to you Brian...but the officers I dealt with in my military career that came from the service academies were some of the worst officers I served under. I am not saying all of them. But I must have won the jackpot on getting the screwed up ones. I had one exception, One of my Marine Corps platoon commanders was an Air Force Academy Graduate. He was bad ass. Learned from his NCOs and had a lead by example approach. Went to Ranger school and broke his back towards the end of it. Went back and started from the beginning and ended up kicking ass. We was one of the good ones. But the others...seriously...they would have been frag'd by their own platoon if they every made it to combat. Luckily my combat experience didn't involve them.

Okay...way off topic...sorry. But I kind of view the Service Academies similar to the Ivy League. A lot of kids getting in based on connections. It doesn't really inspire me to cheer on a particular team.
Totally understood my friend.

the ACC isn't even a real conference
Hey! FSU resembles that remark! The ACC have some good schools. We dropped because Jimbo Fischer messed it up from what Bowden did, then blamed the facilities and ran away to Texas A&M. We are starting to finally come back though.

Hey! FSU resembles that remark! The ACC have some good schools. We dropped because Jimbo Fischer messed it up from what Bowden did, then blamed the facilities and ran away to Texas A&M. We are starting to finally come back though.
With Texas A&M's record this year...be glad he didn't stay.

Oddly enough there is a College Game on today. Tonight, Mississippi State plays at Ole Miss in the Egg Bowl. I used to know why they call it that ridiculous name...but I don't any more. What I do know is that this should be a VERY entertaining game. Mike "The Pirate" Leach will swing his sword and do battle with the Fighting Lane Kiffins. How can this not be entertaining!

Although a Northern Boy - I always loved the Texas - Texas A&M game during Thanksgiving - I wish they had kept that tradition.

Though for Thanksgiving football, My fondest memories include visiting my cousins every year for Thanksgiving and going to see Owen J Roberts High School vs Pottstown High School - it’s the little things that make you happy!

Although a Northern Boy - I always loved the Texas - Texas A&M game during Thanksgiving - I wish they had kept that tradition.

Though for Thanksgiving football, My fondest memories include visiting my cousins every year for Thanksgiving and going to see Owen J Roberts High School vs Pottstown High School - it’s the little things that make you happy!
Yeah, I never understood why they didn't keep that rivalry up. My guess is, though, that when Texas comes to the SEC in a year or two, that game will end up back on the schedule. Whether it is on Thanksgiving or not remains to be seen.

Only saw the last half of it...but the Egg Bowl did not disappoint! The fighting Pirates coached by Mike Leach (MS State) had a pretty good win against Ole Miss (24-22) Came down to a two point conversion for Ole Miss to tie the game up in the final seconds of the game. They failed. Not a whole lot you can ask for when it is the only college game on the slate.

Today has some pretty good games on board...

#19 Tulane @ #24 Cincinnati
Baylor @ #23 Texas
Arizona State @ Arizona (for @BarberDave )
NC State @ #17 North Carolina
Florida @ #16 Florida State

There are some others there as well. But for a lack Friday slate of college football...there should be something here for most of us to watch.

Only saw the last half of it...but the Egg Bowl did not disappoint! The fighting Pirates coached by Mike Leach (MS State) had a pretty good win against Ole Miss (24-22) Came down to a two point conversion for Ole Miss to tie the game up in the final seconds of the game. They failed. Not a whole lot you can ask for when it is the only college game on the slate.

Today has some pretty good games on board...

#19 Tulane @ #24 Cincinnati
Baylor @ #23 Texas
Arizona State @ Arizona (for @BarberDave )
NC State @ #17 North Carolina
Florida @ #16 Florida State

There are some others there as well. But for a lack Friday slate of college football...there should be something here for most of us to watch.
Tomorrow at noon - Michigan vs Ohio State (given that they are both Big 10 schools - and since Penn State lost to both of them - this is basically the national championship game)- no need to play the bowls

Saturday is THE GAME.
Just curious what you think the final will be.
Both teams have some weaknesses. It looks like a normal weather day?
I am going to say last year left the buckeye with a bad taste.
Being accused of playing soft.
Let's go
THE OSU 34-21

Tomorrow at noon - Michigan vs Ohio State (given that they are both Big 10 schools - and since Penn State lost to both of them - this is basically the national championship game)- no need to play the bowls
Oh Brain...you are so funny! 🤪
Although I will support my alma mater I am afraid we are going to get our furry cat butts speared by the Devil. LOL
Umm...Arizona beat Arizona State. 38-35
Saturday is THE GAME.
Let's go
THE OSU 34-21
I honestly don't know how this game will go. I think Ohio State has a higher average scoring than Michigan. Plus Michigan's out of conference slate was very unimpressive compared to Ohio State playing Notre Dame. I think the game will be higher scoring than your 34-21.

So if I had to guess...I think the oSU wins...45-35.

It looks like the slate of games from yesterday was a good one. NC State and North Carolina went into double overtime with NC State winning. Many others were touchdown or closer games. I was busy putting up Christmas yesterday and only watched some of the Florida - Florida State Game. Florida State's win is making LSU's lost to them in week one look a bit better.

Today brings on a new slate of games. Some great matchups like #3 Michigan @ #2 Ohio State. That's one of the early games.

The middle slate if games for the day features an Iron Bowl with a former Auburn running back in Cadillac Williams as the interim Head Coach against #7 Alabama.

Also at the same time is the "Civil War" featuring #9 Oregon @ #21 Oregon State. This is only the second game of the day featuring ranked on ranked teams.

The third and last ranked on ranked game is #15 Notre Dame @ #6 USC. Not sure I dislike more in this game.

Of course I will be watching my #5 LSU Tiger play @ Unranked Texas A&M. LSU will hopefully finish off their regular season with a win. At the beginning of the year, most people thought LSU would win six or seven games. So no matter what happens, my Tigers have exceeded expectations at 9-2 and winning the SEC west. It's amazing what some good coaching can do.

There are some other good games on today as well as your final week of the regular season concludes. So...if you need to get your fill of football in. This is a great time to do it.

Saturday is THE GAME.
Let's go
THE OSU 34-21
I will never admit this in public - but since I dig both you and @JWS VII , I do look forward to watching this game. Whoever wins - enjoy remembering that each of you cheated PSU out of what is rightfully theirs 😂

Go Big 10!

Back