The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2022-2023 Football Season

You know… I love my Steelers and have since I was a lil kid, but this team is not even a shadow to what it used to be. That stupid stunt late it the game, and the lack of reaction from Tomlinson , who now has become a hobo apparently, and it is time and needs to go. Sometimes it is hard to support your favorite team
@Scuttlesoap , @Graybeard57 what say you?

I haven't watched an NFL game in at least 3 years possibly 4. Super Bowl Sunday is a great day to take your kids to the aquarium. No one is there!

You know… I love my Steelers and have since I was a lil kid, but this team is not even a shadow to what it used to be. That stupid stunt late it the game, and the lack of reaction from Tomlinson , who now has become a hobo apparently, and it is time and needs to go. Sometimes it is hard to support your favorite team
I’m at that point where let’s just tank the season - but at the same time want to spoil anything that would give the Ravens the edge

Well you will not get any sympathy from me.
I am born and raised in southwest Ohio and all my life there are these Pittsburgh fans around here. Perhaps the most unlike and unusual thing is how could you root for Shitburgh and also root for the buckeyes.
Don't get it.
So lose all your games.
Every team has down years. Believe me Bengals fans know all about those.
But Tomlin has never had a losing season. I hate Pittsburgh but your coach is maybe the 2nd best coach in the NFL.
WHO DEY

I am born and raised in southwest Ohio and all my life there are these Pittsburgh fans around here. Perhaps the most unlike and unusual thing is how could you root for Shitburgh and also root for the buckeyes.
Don't get it.
So lose all your games.
But Tomlin has never had a losing season. I hate Pittsburgh but your coach is maybe the 2nd best coach in the NFL.
WHO DEY
I agree - why would you ever root for a Buckeye - when the Nittany Lions are just down the road. We are! 😂

I've written off this season, and I'm hoping for improvement for next season. A rookie QB in the middle of a program that is re-tooling can't be expected to do great things. We'll be improved next year. (y)

Don't get it.
So lose all your games.
WHO DEY
1st off no one asking for sympathy, 2nd Tomlin has ruined the legacy that Knoll and Cower continued. Also @gobucks5485 let’s keep the derogatory attacks and language to a minimum. You know better. Everyone can banter about and at teams but hard attacks and language will NOT be tolerated no matter who the team is, nor who the fan is Period.

I'm stunned to announce that the Memphis Tigers won in a blowout.......but also more stunning......the Raiders won (in overtime...but we'll take it).

So yeah...I really didn't expect much of a Saturday slate. Wow! Was I wrong! Holy crap was there a lot of really great games and unexpected matchups. The Tennessee at South Carolina game was likely the most surprising. But just a one more play or a different call and outcomes for TCU, Ohio State, Michigan, Clemson, Oregon, and USC could have all been different. I love football pandemonium...and that's what would have happened.

Oh well...one more week or regular season games to anger the football gods and hope for craziness!

Michigan @ Ohio State will certainly be interesting as the loser might be packing their bags in the CFP Playoff.

Does Oregon State have a chance of knocking off Oregon in the "Civil War?"

Iowa State isn't that great this year...but can they play spoiler to TCU?

LSU goes to College Station and plays probably the worst Texas A&M team in a while. But can the Aggies crush LSUs playoff dreams before they even begin?

What about Notre Dame who is playing pretty good football right now...can they upset USC?

Tennessee already shot themselves in the foot by losing to South Carolina, but can they get up enough to bet Vanderbilt? Vandy is coming off of a two game winning streak against Kentucky and Florida.

A lot of really interesting matchups this upcoming weekend.

So yeah...I really didn't expect much of a Saturday slate. Wow! Was I wrong! Holy crap was there a lot of really great games and unexpected matchups. The Tennessee at South Carolina game was likely the most surprising. But just a one more play or a different call and outcomes for TCU, Ohio State, Michigan, Clemson, Oregon, and USC could have all been different. I love football pandemonium...and that's what Ms have happened.

Oh well...one more week or regular season games to anger the football gods and hope for craziness!

Michigan @ Ohio State will certainly be interesting as the loser might be packing their bags in the CFP Playoff.

Does Oregon State have a chance of knocking off Oregon in the "Civil War?"

Iowa State isn't that great this year...but can they play spoiler to TCU?

LSU goes to College Station and plays probably the worst Texas A&M team in a while. But can the Aggies crush LSUs playoff dreams before they even begin?

What about Notre Dame who is playing pretty good football right now...can they upset USC?

Tennessee already shot themselves in the foot by losing to South Carolina, but can they get up enough to bet Vanderbilt? Vandy is coming off of a two game winning streak against Kentucky and Florida.

A lot of really interesting matchups this upcoming weekend.
I think you are forgetting one scenario here……..If you look at the Top 10 - there are a lot of teams with 2 losses….If you consider that Penn State has 2 losses - but they were to the #2 and #3 teams in the country. And if you look at the other teams…..LSU, Tennessee, and gawk….Alabama - all SEC schools….which PSU proved earlier in the year that is an easy conference by demolishing Auburn.…..and then there are teams like Oregon and USC that are in the what is it now PAC 42? So Penn State should be at least #5.

Then if you consider that in 1994 that Penn State went undefeated…..and was ranked #1 going into the final week and somehow after winning their final game, they were dropped to #2…They still won the Rose Bowl and weren’t given the championship.

Then in 2005, after beating OSU, they went to Michigan to play in the Big House….They won in regular time….but the refs were not satisfied and then added time back on the clock - giving the game to Michigan.

Finally, in 2016, PSU won the Big 10 title and they still sent OSU to the playoffs……So Penn State is owed a mulligan and should be ranked #3.

I think you are forgetting one scenario here……..If you look at the Top 10 - there are a lot of teams with 2 losses….If you consider that Penn State has 2 losses - but they were to the #2 and #3 teams in the country. And if you look at the other teams…..LSU, Tennessee, and gawk….Alabama - all SEC schools….which PSU proved earlier in the year that is an easy conference by demolishing Auburn.…..and then there are teams like Oregon and USC that are in the what is it now PAC 42? So Penn State should be at least #5.

Then if you consider that in 1994 that Penn State went undefeated…..and was ranked #1 going into the final week and somehow after winning their final game, they were dropped to #2…They still won the Rose Bowl and weren’t given the championship.

Then in 2005, after beating OSU, they went to Michigan to play in the Big House….They won in regular time….but the refs were not satisfied and then added time back on the clock - giving the game to Michigan.

Finally, in 2016, PSU won the Big 10 title and they still sent OSU to the playoffs……So Penn State is owed a mulligan and should be ranked #3.
And yet...somehow...the only one talking about the "We Are" crowd is, well, Penn State.

I will admit though...that the two loses to the current #2 Ohio State and current #5 Michigan were the only ranked teams on your schedule. So I guess you call them good losses?

And before you go bashing my LSU Tigers...yes...we also have two loses. The first one was to Florida State by one point, the first game of the season while Florida State had a tune up in week 0. The other loss was to then #3 ranked and currently #8 ranked Tennessee. But we also have on our resume, wins against current ranked #7 Ole Miss and #6 Alabama. And we still have #1 Georgia we have to play in the SEC Championship game.

But yeah...Penn State should be ranked #3.

And yet...somehow...the only one talking about the "We Are" crowd is, well, Penn State.

I will admit though...that the two loses to the current #2 Ohio State and current #5 Michigan were the only ranked teams on your schedule. So I guess you call them good losses?

And before you go bashing my LSU Tigers...yes...we also have two loses. The first one was to Florida State by one point, the first game of the season while Florida State had a tune up in week 0. The other loss was to then #3 ranked and currently #8 ranked Tennessee. But we also have on our resume, wins against current ranked #7 Ole Miss and #6 Alabama. And we still have #1 Georgia we have to play in the SEC Championship game.

But yeah...Penn State should be ranked #3.
See - TSC Sports- bringing folks to agreement everywhere - we’re a microcosm of love 😂

Back