The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2022-2023 Football Season

I think you are forgetting one scenario here……..If you look at the Top 10 - there are a lot of teams with 2 losses….If you consider that Penn State has 2 losses - but they were to the #2 and #3 teams in the country. And if you look at the other teams…..LSU, Tennessee, and gawk….Alabama - all SEC schools….which PSU proved earlier in the year that is an easy conference by demolishing Auburn.…..and then there are teams like Oregon and USC that are in the what is it now PAC 42? So Penn State should be at least #5.

Then if you consider that in 1994 that Penn State went undefeated…..and was ranked #1 going into the final week and somehow after winning their final game, they were dropped to #2…They still won the Rose Bowl and weren’t given the championship.

Then in 2005, after beating OSU, they went to Michigan to play in the Big House….They won in regular time….but the refs were not satisfied and then added time back on the clock - giving the game to Michigan.

Finally, in 2016, PSU won the Big 10 title and they still sent OSU to the playoffs……So Penn State is owed a mulligan and should be ranked #3.
Hey, while we are just giving out rankings on your imaginary world, let's just go ahead and move Florida State up to 10. I know we aren't playoff good, but it will be nice seeing them in the top 10 again.

But yeah...Penn State should be ranked #3.

See - TSC Sports- bringing folks to agreement everywhere - we’re a microcosm of love
😂

Granted, this is only a prediction, but the latest one I saw has Penn State vs. LSU in the Citrus Bowl. I kind of want this to happen, just to see the commentary back and forth in this thread.

Granted, this is only a prediction, but the latest one I saw has Penn State vs. LSU in the Citrus Bowl. I kind of want this to happen, just to see the commentary back and forth in this thread.
No way dude...LSU is going to the Playoffs...

I'll also except Orange, Cotton, or Sugar Bowls. The snooty Rose Bowl can keep their highfalutin game to themselves.

New rankings for the College Football Playoff came out last night. Looks like LSU Tigers are up to #5! @Scuttlesoap where are your Nittany Lions (whatever that is...I think it is some kind of made up mountain lion or something)? Oh, wait...I think I see them somewhere down there around...11?

1669206646285.png

I don't think we have any Texas A&M fans around here...but if we do...I am here to remind them what their record will be after LSU beats them this weekend...

Jimbo.gif

New rankings for the College Football Playoff came out last night. Looks like LSU Tigers are up to #5! @Scuttlesoap where are your Nittany Lions (whatever that is...I think it is some kind of made up mountain lion or something)? Oh, wait...I think I see them somewhere down there around...11?

View attachment 98733
Obviously another year in which PSU is under appreciated - see comments above about past dissings…….I just don’t get it - LSU, Tennessee, and Alabama all with 2 losses above a PSU team that plays in the toughest conference in, dare I say, the world……..Let’s look at some of the competitors SEC schools (and we’ll throw in Clemson because they are basically in the ACC-SEC DMZ). - Little Sisters of the Blind, Notre Dame (only way it gets easier is if you play Utah for crying out loud), University of those that lost fingers to Crocodiles, Underwater Basket Weaving University, We Chose Football over an Education College (to be fair - they are a D2 school), and School of the Legless.

But hey - we’ll just take our ball and form our own Bowl Championship series. I guarantee we’ll be at least #2 😂

Last edited:
Just a quick reminder (or warning) that it is just a few short days before, I, Scuttlesoap of the TSC, start my incessant badgering of @MarkB and @Graybeard57, while forgetting that my team has the losing record in the series (though for crying out loud - looking at the schedule for the next 5 years - Navy gets basically two home games, but never mind - we Army folks are used to traveling far and wide for our victories). Of course, one game is in Boston??? Boston doesn‘t have a military history (in my retelling of The Revolution - all battles were outside of Philly, the Continental Army feasted on cheesesteaks from Pat’s King of Steaks which is what powered them on to victory) - we might as well play in Tucson.

Sorry - got sidetracked - onto the game.

1669210691008.png

While they will be polite, gentlemanly, and above the fray, I will remind them that…

1669210752694.gif

While I will do a tribute shave to the Navy out of respect for my brothers (because I love them even if their branch only exists as a water taxi service for our equipment when we want to go somewhere) I will also remind them - look at what your team picked for Unis this year- NASA? That’s right - you’ll need spacesuits because our mules will boot you to the moon! Sorry - save the trash talk Scuttle!

Who are we playing? Space Force?

1669211154697.png1669211215792.png

So, onto the rivalry, and to @BarberDave and @Spider - we don’t need no stinkin Commander’s Cup……and to @dangerousdon - your branch is part of the Navy

1669211493153.gif

Go ARMY beat navy.

1669211563417.gif 1669211577669.gif

Last edited:
.I just don’t get it - LSU, Tennessee, and Alabama all with 2 losses above a PSU team that plays in the toughest conference in, dare I say, the world
Dude...seriously...don't make me laugh so hard...I have to do some work today.

And...um...doesn't "We Are" have two losses? The difference between LSU and Penn State (the fighting Ligers) is that we won our division and is going to our conference championship game.

(and we’ll throw in Clemson because they are basically in the ACC-SEC DMZ)
Um...No...the ACC isn't even a real conference...even the sissy-fied conference of the Big 10 (even though they have more than ten teams) can admit that the ACC isn't a real conference. And Clemson can stay where they are at in the North (Northern South Carolina that is).

Just a quick reminder (or warning) that it is just a few short days before, I, Scuttlesoap of the TSC, start my incessant badgering of @MarkB and @Graybeard57, while forgetting that my team has the losing record in the series (though for crying out loud - looking at the schedule for the next 5 years - Navy gets basically two home games, but never mind - we Army folks are used to traveling far and wide for our victories). Of course, one game is in Boston??? Boston doesn‘t have a military history (in my retelling of The Revolution - all battles were outside of Philly, the Continental Army feasted on cheesesteaks from Pat’s King of Steaks which is what powered them on to victory) - we might as well play in Tucson.

Sorry - got sidetracked - onto the game.

View attachment 98739

While they will be polite, gentlemanly, and above the fray, I will remind them that…

View attachment 98740

While I will do a tribute shave to the Navy out of respect for my brothers (because I love them even if their branch only exists as a water taxi service for our equipment when we want to go somewhere) I will also remind them - look at what your team picked for Unis this year- NASA? That’s right - you’ll need spacesuits because our mules will boot you to the moon! Sorry - save the trash talk Scuttle!

Who are we playing? Space Force?

View attachment 98741View attachment 98742

So, onto the rivalry, and to @BarberDave and @Spider - we don’t need no stinkin Commander’s Cup……and to @dangerousdon - your branch is part of the Navy

View attachment 98743

Go ARMY beat navy.

View attachment 98744 View attachment 98745
giphy.gif

Back