The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2022-2023 Football Season

Watching Giants @ Jacksonville today and saw a penalty I’m unfamiliar with. @CVargo what’s a “snap infraction”?
That is assigned to the center. Meaning the offense went but the center did not snap the ball. Or he was moving the ball without completing the snap

So it's a type of False Start then?
Um... As a fan I would say it's okay to think of it that way. The signal is the same and the yardage is the same.

But the foul is technically different. There are categories to snap infraction and the center is held to certain rules. The center can false start and not have a snap infraction if that makes sense.

Normally right now would be a place where, though Penn State has proven not to be a football empire and their performance with the big boys will always fail, I would goad good folks like @gobucks5485 and @ED3054. I would say things like…..”The Ohio State is the evil empire!” And PSU > OSU. Because it is hard for me to learn a lesson……

But since the sports deities have gifted a win for my Philadelphia Phillies, who still need 3 more wins…….I will be on my best behavior and say…..”May it be a great game” and “I love our rivalry“ and ”I wish you a happy afternoon”

1667059680372.gif

3e987976800bb8e94f8283638d594e9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normally right now would be a place where, though Penn State has proven not to be a football empire and their performance with the big boys will always fail, I would goad good folks like @gobucks5485 and @ED3054. I would say things like…..”The Ohio State is the evil empire!” And PSU > OSU. Because it is hard for me to learn a lesson……

But since the sports deities have gifted a win for my Philadelphia Phillies, who still need 3 more wins…….I will be on my best behavior and say…..”May it be a great game” and “I love our rivalry“ and ”I wish you a happy afternoon”

View attachment 96806
Remember it’s a World Series. Not a World Game.

Congrats @ED3054 and @gobucks5485! You’re team once again rocked our world! That 4th quarter was brutal. At least you let us stay in the game today for a few quarters unlike @JWS VII ’s Michigan team - who decided to crush us utterly.

Hopefully this means the sports deities smile on other teams from PA!

Back