The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2022-2023 Football Season

So what are you drinking? I’m about to start with Scotch 🥃
I am having a little better day…….the Phillies surprising win of the NLDS over the Braves today took the edge off the PSU loss. So I guess I should have a Schlitz in their honor 😂

Well I thought LSU was going to give it away. But the did something that Utah couldn’t do this year…best Florida. Wouldn’t you agree @CVargo ?

Like to hear Chad’s thoughts on putting time back on the clock for USC at the end of the Utah game.

Wow nice college football Saturday. My Buckeyes got a much need week off.
But 1st things 1st OMG @CVargo what a fantastic setting to see a game. And congratulations on a nice victory.
@dangerousdon nice victory good things I think are coming in the future.
@Scuttlesoap YOU ARE Penn State. What did you think about changing quarterbacks in the 4th quarter. Be ready we are coming in 2 weeks.
I see there is a Fichigan fan nice game @JWS VII welcome to the SHOE in 6 weeks!!!
But really happy for Tennessee fans such a great game and atmosphere.
Take care all and
GO BUCKS

Wow nice college football Saturday. My Buckeyes got a much need week off.
But 1st things 1st OMG @CVargo what a fantastic setting to see a game. And congratulations on a nice victory.
@dangerousdon nice victory good things I think are coming in the future.
@Scuttlesoap YOU ARE Penn State. What did you think about changing quarterbacks in the 4th quarter. Be ready we are coming in 2 weeks.
I see there is a Fichigan fan nice game @JWS VII welcome to the SHOE in 6 weeks!!!
But really happy for Tennessee fans such a great game and atmosphere.
Take care all and
GO BUCKS
Can I change teams? Lol

I have to say - I turned this off after 21-7 to go watch baseball - I didn’t think the Utes would pull it off - it seemed that USC could run at will. Congrats!
Watched the last quarter after my LSU game. That was just a good old football game there. Glad the Utes pulled it out against USC.

Seriously though...curious to hear why time was put back on the clock at the end of the Utah game. Would love to here the Ref's perspective.

Honestly as a fan that was in the stadium I had no clue what was going on. I know for 100% fact this play will be discussed on the call I join every Monday where all targeting plays are watched and also other plays are reviewed. I will let the group know when I get an answer.

Honestly as a fan that was in the stadium I had no clue what was going on. I know for 100% fact this play will be discussed on the call I join every Monday where all targeting plays are watched and also other plays are reviewed. I will let the group know when I get an answer.
awesome! I just thought it was an odd sequence of events. Not sure what the right answer there, just one of those things that looks like a good conversation about.

awesome! I just thought it was an odd sequence of events. Not sure what the right answer there, just one of those things that looks like a good conversation about.
Yea it was so loud at the stadium couldn't hear the official half the time. So I have no clue what he even said... Got a clip lol?

Seriously though...curious to hear why time was put back on the clock at the end of the Utah game. Would love to here the Ref's perspective.
It was an inadvertent whistle. The worst possible thing that you can do as an official. So the IW makes the play dead. The official in front of Coach Riley On USC sideline heard the whistle and immediately called for timeout.

(ok, we let in Nebraska - which isn’t even remotely prestige - but it’s kind of like having to let in your friend’s kid brother play, who also eats lead paint chips).
Hey, they were good around 25 years ago. Or at least my wife (from Nebraska) tells me they were.

I'm waiting for the day that FSU puts together a full game. Luckily, we have a bye week after 3 straight losses from Wake Forest, NC State and Clemson.

Luckily, we have a bye week after 3 straight losses from Wake Forest, NC State and Clemson.
Not saying losses feel good...but those losses were to ranked teams.

If LSU wouldn't have lost their season opener to FSU, we would be sitting pretty right now. LSU has a brutal stretch right now. Tennessee (Lost); @Florida (Won), Next Week Ole Miss; then it is Alabama; and then Arkansas.

I honestly expect LSU to lose the Ole Miss and then Alabama the game. After playing like they did against Florida, I think we can win the Arkansas game. We finish off our season with Texas A&M. I honestly don't know how that game will go.

I am optimistic LSU can get to 8-4 on the season. SHOULD be able to get to 7-4. I just want them to get to ANY Bowl. Not because I want to see them play in a Bowl game, but more because they need the extra practice sessions. Especially that offensive line as well as special teams. Our special teams are horrible.

Not saying losses feel good...but those losses were to ranked teams.

If LSU wouldn't have lost their season opener to FSU, we would be sitting pretty right now. LSU has a brutal stretch right now. Tennessee (Lost); @Florida (Won), Next Week Ole Miss; then it is Alabama; and then Arkansas.

I honestly expect LSU to lose the Ole Miss and then Alabama the game. After playing like they did against Florida, I think we can win the Arkansas game. We finish off our season with Texas A&M. I honestly don't know how that game will go.

I am optimistic LSU can get to 8-4 on the season. SHOULD be able to get to 7-4. I just want them to get to ANY Bowl. Not because I want to see them play in a Bowl game, but more because they need the extra practice sessions. Especially that offensive line as well as special teams. Our special teams are horrible.
The rest of our games are winnable. We only have one more ranked team, Syracuse. I think we will finally make it back to a bowl this year.

Back