The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2022-2023 Football Season

We’re a weird household - Baseball: Phillies, Hockey: Flyers; Basketball: Sixers (though I have to admit I haven’t watched a game since Dr. J), Soccer: Liberty (though I have to admit, I’ve never watched a game); Lacrosse: Wings (Most exciting sport in person)…….Football: STEELERS! I guess it was probably because growing up the 70’s the Steelers were winning so much and now living in MD - we actually have quite a following for the Steelers - more so than the Ravens believe it or not. Plus my ex-wife‘s team is the Eagles - so there’s that 😂

We’re a weird household - Baseball: Phillies, Hockey: Flyers; Basketball: Sixers (though I have to admit I haven’t watched a game since Dr. J), Soccer: Liberty (though I have to admit, I’ve never watched a game); Lacrosse: Wings (Most exciting sport in person)…….Football: STEELERS! I guess it was probably because growing up the 70’s the Steelers were winning so much and now living in MD - we actually have quite a following for the Steelers - more so than the Ravens believe it or not. Plus my ex-wife‘s team is the Eagles - so there’s that [emoji23]

OMG Your a Steelers Fan. That Explains a lot. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Hear ya. I’m a Browns Fan. I Know I KNOW. This year season is Fun Watching them Circle [emoji778]️ The Drain.
Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used to car pool with a gent that was a Browns fan……he was at least two decades younger than me. I tried to explain to him there was a time when the Browns were the pinnacle of the Division - and that it was a great rivalry. I’m hoping it gets back to that - a couple of years ago it did look like it!

OMG!!! IT is so True!

Auburn's Boosters are horrible! The get in the middle of everything. I am sure Matt Rhule will be at the very top of the list, as he should be. A lot of people are mentioning Lane Kiffin. He would do well there, but is he really going to go to a place where Alabama is the rival? Not sure about that...but he just might be egotistical enough to that. Hugh Freeze would be a very likely candidate as he is tearing it up at Liberty now. Honestly, (from a football perspective and not an LSU fan) I would love to see Mike Leach go to Auburn. What the Pirate could do with those resources? There are others on the list I am sure. But whatever it is...I am sure that Auburn will make a splashy hire, win some games, only to have some boosters unhappy and force that coach to resign or get fired. It's the Auburn way.

The first College Football Playoff Rankings of the season are out! And how in the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks did LSU make it into the top 10? Don't worry...I am happy...but not sure they belong there. Anyway...I am sure that will change after the Bama game this weekend.

So...where is your team on this list? And what are your expectations?

Back