The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Your Latest Fragrance Purchase

Profumum Roma - Acqua Viva

This has been on my wish list for a long time, for the simple reason that I love lemon in fragrance when it's warm out, and this is probably the best out there, but at a price.
It's a very natural lemon in the opening, not a bright, there's the sense of pith in here, that tones down any sharpness, or cleaning product vibes.
After the initial opening, broom and cedar come in and extend the life, it's the next morning, and I'm still catching subtle whiffs of the broom and lemon. Using broom here was really a genius move, as it really makes it feel like the lemon lasts forever.
The overall vibe is just a great summer masculine, people talk about 'crisp white shirt' scents all the time, but rarely do they give me that vibe, this does, but it would be equally at home in a T shirt and jeans.

Packaging is very interesting, as Profumum scents are very oily, similar to Mancera's but even more so. The actually recommend you to rub the juice into your skin when you spray. And the sprayer is a fire hose, I used one spray yesterday, and it was enough. It's packaged with a roll-on bottle and pipette so you can have some with and roll on if you need a freshener. I love the concept! But TBH after yesterday, not sure I'd feel the need. But it would be great for travel.

Of course, due to the price, it's not for everyone, I went back and forth on this for a long time before deciding it's one of the few that's actually worth it to me, as a true lemonhead.
TBH I'd tell most people just to get either Mancera Lemon Line, if you value longevity more, or Goutal Eau d'Hadrian if you value naturalness more.

This is part of my collection's Lemon Trifecta:
Aqua Viva

Perris Monte Carlo - Cedro di Diamonte
This is the most natural pure lemon of them all, again soft, but it's like spraying yourself with lemonade. A real must for lemonheads!

Maria Candida Gentile - Gershwin
This has the brightest, juiciest opening, though short lived, and is followed up by a very natural incense.

Profumum Roma Acqua Viva.jpg

profumum 1.jpg
Profumum 2.jpg

Profumum 3.jpg

Last edited:
This package came in yesterday as I must confess, I’ve only used 2 of the Pinuad/Clubman products in the years I have been wet shaving, Gent’s Gin & Whiskey Woods from the Reserve line. Figured I’d give some of the others a shot and went with some of the warm weather variants to get acquainted with the whole line up of Clubman. So far with the first two I’ve used, pretty good. As I expected….

A1929588-933D-4471-95D1-B6ECF94BD427.jpeg
8BBFF2DA-894C-4F4A-B271-45C84BF7EAD5.jpeg
CF1670FE-FBEE-426B-8017-DBDB9E2BAB65.jpeg

This package came in yesterday as I must confess, I’ve only used 2 of the Pinuad/Clubman products in the years I have been wet shaving, Gent’s Gin & Whiskey Woods from the Reserve line. Figured I’d give some of the others a shot and went with some of the warm weather variants to get acquainted with the whole line up of Clubman. So far with the first two I’ve used, pretty good. As I expected….

View attachment 115185
View attachment 115187
View attachment 115186
I love all four of those Pinaud scents. Actually, I know of no Pinaud scents I don't like, only several I wish lasted longer. Congratulations!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Picked up a full-size bottle of Dior "Sauvage" parfum. Been wearing the sample and decided I liked it enough to invest in a full bottle.

View attachment 116541

Now they'll never tell us apart!
anomaly-very-nice.gif
thumbs-up-ok.gif

I wear that a lot.... Well I wear the clone from Lidl....
This one....

151478_img-4630-lidl-g-bellini-homme_720.jpgStock Image
It's a very economical alternative when you want to have a similar smell but don't necessarily want to use the real thing , ( it's less than 10 dollars a bottle ).... Honestly I don't have a bottle of the real thing, I have only tried it in a store once ( I think it was dillards ) The one from lidl smells Very , Very much like the authentic one.....

Back