The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Words of wisd..... Yeah right.... We all know better than that!

This cat knows how to work. I've seen him working in person when we moved and rebuilt my cabin. Nice stilts! They take some getting used to but become extensions of your body after a while. I can see you are tearing back the layers of time there in those walls. One of my bathrooms in the old house in NY had 7 layers of linoleum, and I stopped tearing out at 7 because I had the depth I needed so the carpet would match the tile height around the toilet. I bet there was a couple more layers there, but backer board covers up a multitude of sins 😆

Looks good, thanks for taking us along on it.

New windows are in the kitchen and "mud room". Walls are now done in the mud room also. Just need to paint the ceiling and get some trim up. Still discussing what we are doing with the concrete floor if we are going to tile it or just paint it.
None of the studs were put in correctly..... They were just wherever. Some 16 inch centers, some 19, some 11..... and nothing on a common starting point so it took some creativity to get things done right.

20230715_202522.jpg

20230715_202512.jpg

20230715_202503.jpg

Another setback.......
Took the sink out tonight and when the corner cabinet came out the wall jiggled and you could see outside....
The whole corner is rotted out.

So.... another day off work tomorrow, more treated 2x4s, some green zip board, and some foam board insulation and we will have a new corner in our kitchen.
A little repair on the floor needs to be done also but that actually works to my benefit as the gas line and electric for the stove were ran by a complete moron. That will open up some space for me to do that since it barely qualifies for a crawl space under the kitchen.

Wow, that would totally set me back. Of course, you are taking it in stride.
Wasn't too bad Bruce.
Cut the wall out, take the remnants of the rotted sil and floor out, anchor a sil plate to the concrete, build a knee wall, then close it in.
Now just a few stringers inside to hold the new floor, but that is after I get the electric and gas line fixed.

20230717_090149.jpg
20230717_133607.jpg
20230717_151516.jpg
20230717_151533.jpg

Back