The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Words of wisd..... Yeah right.... We all know better than that!

Late to the party..........but I hope you insulated those pipes while you had it all open and torn out. My shop sink drain pipes weren't insulated and they froze when it got 20 below once. Of course, I left the faucet dripping but didn't think about the drain pipe freezing and bursting! Looking good!

Late to the party..........but I hope you insulated those pipes while you had it all open and torn out. My shop sink drain pipes weren't insulated and they froze when it got 20 below once. Of course, I left the faucet dripping but didn't think about the drain pipe freezing and bursting! Looking good!
Those got cut out. They were old pipes that were left. No one ever took anything out to fix it, they just bandaided over whatever was there.

I had one of those houses! Glad I sold it and live where I live now. There was always a surprise when you opened something up. Studs were never 16 inches on center, wiring was always done by crazy Uncle Fester, and plumbing by Chuck With A Truck! Don't miss it, but feel your pain. You are doing things right though.

You have been busy!
Spent my whole week of vacation working till at least 1030 every night.
Stupid floor only took me 2 hours to lay the tiles.... but it took me 6 hours trying to rip it up. There was so much adhesive on the old tiles that if an F5 tornado and a hurricane met in the kitchen, the stupid tiles would have stayed right on the floor.
Chrissy was right there with the heat gun even, and it was so bad it ripped her shoes apart sticking to the floor....

Spent the last 3 weeks in labor with a kidney stone... they finally removed it last Tuesday and I got the Stent out today.
Haven't been up to doing much of anything. I did have to dig out more lumber from work yesterday to have enough to finish the trim. So more pics will be coming in the near future.

I passed one the size of my pinkie nail. Didn't feel a thing (it's the jagged little ones that hurt!) but something got stretched and now I have to pee more often than I used to ..... or maybe that's just me getting older? :unsure:

I know after the first one I had that got stuck and they went to go get, it changes things a bit. I've had to go more since then. I was about 42 when that happened i believe.

Still here, still busy.
Kitchen is almost done. My dad is coming Sat. to finish the last couple things he has. I got the one door that isn't trimmed in this photo done and only 2 windows in the mud room left to trim.
1000004973.jpg

Also some more good news. Chrissy's daughter is expecting. So going to have another grandbaby.
1000005174.jpg
Been busy at work also. Got the joys of being up on top of the silo doing the rosaries again.
1000004038.jpg

Other than that just busy... Trying to stop in more, just hard to find time.

Back