The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What's in front of you?

There is some slant, but not much. Maybe a 1 on 12 pitch. Just enough that everything will run into them and sit there. Then to top it off, there are these awesome 2 foot long light banks that have 6 rows of LEDs that give off a very nice natural looking light that many sit right under the skylights.... So essentially the skylights do nothing but glow in low light from the LEDs under them.

Probably some designer or CEO that thought "they would look good" but has no idea of building construction. Or even looked at the overall lighting plans to see that they would be negated any time the light switch was on.

Any time you cut a hole in a metal roof, or any roof for that matter, you are inviting a leak. Then to put 120 six foot holes in your almost flat roof?!?!?! Makes you wonder sometimes.

I'll send you cards to hand out for my new skylight leak repair business I'll be starting in that area after winter.

I'll send you cards to hand out for my new skylight leak repair business I'll be starting in that area after winter.

1f44d.png
1f44d.png
1f44d.png
You should be able to retire off that job alone haha!

About 6 of these buggers hanging around the church...apparently they feel safe being out in the open pre-Thanksgiving...

About three gallons of peanut oil, a fryer, and about 45 minutes and that thing will look as beautiful as it ever will!

Smoked Turkeys are definitely the Bomb! Oven baked can be good if done perfectly. My Sis-In-law bakes a Turkey that is to die for...she weaves a bacon shirt on it and oh man it is good!

I do prefer mine fried though. Inject it with some Cajun Butter and marinate it over night in some Italian dressing...man oh man that is some good stuff there with crispy skin!

I prefer on a plate ready to eat.

Even more than that though, a nice honey baked ham will beat turkey out any day.

Smoked Turkeys are definitely the Bomb! Oven baked can be good if done perfectly. My Sis-In-law bakes a Turkey that is to die for...she weaves a bacon shirt on it and oh man it is good!
That sounds like a good way to do it. Would help keep it moist I would think. But then again, I guess current wisdom is all the moisture comes from brining and correct cooking times and temps and whatever you do outside the skin doesn't matter. Sure would smell good though.

Back