The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What's blasting in your headphones?

It says a lot about your talent when the greatest drummer of the last 30 years has you play drums in his new band... Rest in peace Taylor.....your beats will live on forever.

Ok....we're going to pivot to some 90's rock women. To break the pattern.

I saw this band back in their early days. Well, basically before Courtney became a household name for marrying Kurt Cobain...

I was actually there to see another band and Hole was part of the lineup for the night.

My friend and I worked our way down to the front so we could be in a prime spot for the band we were there to see (I don't even recall the bands name....they weren't as good as I thought they were)

Courtney has a habit of propping her foot up on the monitor in front of her while she plays and sings......she also has a habit of NOT wearing underwear under her short skirt on stage. So I spent 45 minutes looking at Courtney's hole.....its not a pretty sight. (its the one reason I remembered the name of her band )

The music she and her band played that night wasn't anything memorable but this song is. Plus in the video she's wearing pants so it won't give me flashbacks.

This song was going to be the song my wife and I first danced to at our wedding but our friends thought the lyrics didn't seem appropriate for a joyful moment like a wedding.

The song is about the relationship between Concrete Blonde's lead singer, Johnette Napolitano, and her boyfriend at the time, Marc Moreland, guitarist for Wall Of Voodoo and addresses his drinking problem. Again...not really the right song for a wedding dance. But my wife and I both love this song (we danced to a different song and everyone lived happily ever after).

Johnette has such a great voice and she plays a mean bass.

Another one of those songs that always takes me back to the time when it was all over the radio (remember when we listened to what someone else wanted us to listen to?)

Harriet Wheeler's voice is so evocative. She's almost haunting.

Get ready to fell like its 1990 all over again...

Back