The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What's blasting in your headphones?

One of my favorite songs of all time - every since I heard it on the So I Married an Axe Murderer soundtrack….ironically uplifting (all versions) even though the song is supposedly about heroin use…. I go back and forth on which version I like better - probably the Boo Radleys though the La‘s sang it first

Previous postings by me this month have included a number of musical crushes....but not today. Chrissy Amphlett frightened me. But not enough to not want to listen to her sing. She always made me think of Angus Young's more aggressive, little sister....and I'm not sure any of us could ever have a crush on Angus's little sister.

This was the first song I heard by Divinyls (again...no THE in their name...it was an 80's thing) back in 1981 and its a burner. A few years later I learned what she meant by her reference to being a red brassier to all the boys in town.....you never forget the first girl you date that wears fancy underwear.

Scandal was always a great band...Patty Smyth being one of those singers that sounds amazing in every song....but at one point they almost kept the world from experiencing a rock legend. See if you can spot the Rock n' Roll Hall of Famer in this video.

Scandal was always a great band...Patty Smyth being one of those singers that sounds amazing in every song....but at one point they almost kept the world from experiencing a rock legend. See if you can spot the Rock n' Roll Hall of Famer in this video.

Is that Jon Bon Jovi on guitar? That looks like him! If it is - he looks so young and hard to tell since he isn’t wearing Spandex 😂-but then again so does Patty Smyth (but of course this was 40 years ago so they would be kids back then). My other guess is that the bassist looks like David St Hubbins from Spinal Tap 😂

Last edited:

Bon Jovi???

Back