The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What's blasting in your headphones?

ShawnF

Possibly Ironman
Hobbyist
I am a big music fan. All day I've got some sort of music going, at my computer, in my shop, even in my kitchen.
I have my favorites, but I don't limit myself to one genre. I like hearing new things as well, so let's broaden our horizons. Classic rock, classical, metal, pop, rock, alt, let's hear it.

I'll start with a few that I've been going through tonight. I'll start you off easy for the first one at least.
1f61d.png

https://youtu.be/uj2lpQxGKhU

Nice topic bro!

I’ve been traveling today....

It’s been Saint Adonia, Die Antwoord, and Tech Nine, on my trip so far.....

I'm going to go in a completely different direct Shawn. I have been listening to a lot of music lately that would be considered folk, bluegrass, new grass, Americana...etc. Kasey Chambers is an artist I have been following for a while...it's sort of Australian Country. Her latest album has gone even more minimalist than she has before.

Not the best of quality...but this is the song that hooked my with Ms. Chambers almost 20 years ago.

I'm going to go in a completely different direct Shawn. I have been listening to a lot of music lately that would be considered folk, bluegrass, new grass, Americana...etc. Kasey Chambers is an artist I have been following for a while...it's sort of Australian Country. Her latest album has gone even more minimalist than she has before.

Hey bluegrass can be cool too!

https://youtu.be/e4Ao-iNPPUc

This is probably still my favorite bluegrass song though.
(Not just because of the movie either.
1f61d.png
)

Its a legendary song, with many “constit’nts”!

Today, my main album listened to (I had a rather eclectic mix going on) was To Lose My Life by White Lies. Really deep and dark in a Killers kind of fashion.

Hey bluegrass can be cool too!

I love these bluegrass versions of popular or once popular songs...I have a whole collection of them. They are the "Picken' On" Series. They are covers of anyone from Nirvana to ZZ Top, from U2 to The Who. If you have Amazon Prime you can stream a bunch of them for free. There is a good bit on YouTube also.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pickin%27_On

I like that Chris! Good stuff there.

I like the range of this band and the singer makes it look so effortless.

Holy smokes I was not expecting that from her! Does she use a vocal filter for her gutturals or can she actually do that?

I love these bluegrass versions of popular or once popular songs...I have a whole collection of them. They are the "Picken' On" Series. They are covers of anyone from Nirvana to ZZ Top, from U2 to The Who. If you have Amazon Prime you can stream a bunch of them for free. There is a good bit on YouTube also.
I've listened to a few of theirs. They are pretty good.

Well, I share an office so the few times I do listen to music, it's something quiet in the background. I have a couple stations I choose from on Pandora, but yesterday it was Coffee House Covers with things like this:

The first one to me sounded like he was trying to hard to keep that pitch. Made the whole song sound a little strained to me. I love the second cover though. I like the song to begin with and she did a great job of covering it.

Holy smokes I was not expecting that from her! Does she use a vocal filter for her gutturals or can she actually do that?

She will make you sit back in amazement for a moment won't she? As far as I know it is all her.

I like that Chris! Good stuff there.

I like the range of this band and the singer makes it look so effortless.

That's some crazy stuff there! Yeah, was not expecting that from her. Good stuff!

Work has a pretty extensive media drive, so I put together about 60 hours of music from the 60's, 70's and 80's, and it's set to random shuffle. Beach Boy's "In My Room" is going right now. The Bangles "Lips Are Sealed" was the previous song, and about 2-3 Beatles and Led Zeppelin songs before that.

Back